Chapter 6- All Grown Up

My mind was a fuzzy mess and my vision was dark. But I somehow was able to remain aware of the people talking around me.

"Oh sweet Maria, did I just kill that trainee?!" came the squeak of a woman. Probably the one that tried to run me over with her horse.

"Haha no I think she will be fine," Adeline said with a slight chuckle, "she's been in worse situations then this. Now I just hope she wakes up."

I then feel someone begin to vigorously shake me. If I was fully conscious I probably would've thrown up due to my head and the violent thrashing I was going through.

"Hey you piece of shit. Get the hell up now! That's in order," a low, sharp, masculine voice yelled at me. 'Looks like someone's not having a good day' I joked in my muddled mind.

"Easy Levi. She fell off a horse going at a high rate of speed. We'll be lucky if she hasn't seriously injured herself. The shaking probably doesn't do her any good," a calm, masculine voice said.

At that time my eyelids began to open to the world. My vision was very foggy and I blinked my eyes a couple times to try and wipe away the fogginess. When my vision cleared I was met with the face of a brown eyed woman with a crazy look in her eye. She had brown haired tied in a high messy ponytail. She was wearing goggles that seemed to make her look even crazier. She gave off this "mad scientist" vibe that scared the living crap out of me.

"Well hi there!" The woman exclaimed, "my name is Hanji Zoe! What's yours?" The only response to her was looking her in the eyes with a confused expression. In the next moment I let out a squeal and shot my left leg up to kick her out of instinct. She dodged my kick in the knick of time and began shouting. I twisted my body around so I was in a crouching position, ready to strike at any given moment.

Suddenly, a sharp pain in my right ankle coursed through my leg. I let out squeak and fall backwards, holding my right ankle and trying to stop the tears threatening to leave my lids. I bite my lip to the point that a small bead of blood forms where I bit into my lip.

"You...ah... ok there Alex?" Ian asks me cautiously. "You look like you are about to cry." He shifts awkwardly from foot to foot, not knowing how I might respond to his question.

"Yeah... I'm...just...swell," I said between breaths. I sat down and gently began rubbing my ankle hoping the pain was going to go away at any given moment. I sigh and look up at fading sunset, knowing we had to get back soon before everyone became worried.

Adeline's face got right up into my face. Talk about personal space issues, this girl didn't seem to bother that I had a huge problem with it.

"What's ya lookin' at Felberth?" She asked out of curiosity a huge grin planted on her face. I shot a look at her and shifted my eyes to the Scout Regiment members looking at me.

Shit. Now they know who I am. Thanks Adeline, your one in a million. You know you're not supposed to use my last name around people like them!

"Wait, I know that name. Felberth..." Hanji said while putting a hand on her chin in a thinking matter and looking off into oblivion, "where have I heard that name before?"

She began to put two and two together after a couple shifty glances between me and back to oblivion. I tend to think this is how she answers her inner questions. Gosh, this woman really is weird. I snapped out of my thoughts just as she squealed and launched herself at me. She grabbed my shoulders and began to shake me back and forth.

"Oh my holy Wall Maria! You're the eldest Felberth daughter. You're the daughter of Marissa and Sam Felberth! You're Alexandria Felberth! Gosh you've grown up! I hardly even recognized you!" She squealed while pulling me into a bone crushing hug.