Chapter 1

--------------------------------------------- ✂ ----------------------------------------------
ℙ𝕝𝕖𝕒𝕤𝕖 𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕕 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕟𝕠𝕥𝕖 𝕓𝕖𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕗𝕒𝕣𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝕡𝕣𝕠𝕘𝕣𝕖𝕤𝕤!

ℕ𝕠𝕥𝕖:

Oh, this is supposed to be a short story! I hope you enjoy never the less!

The chapters would probably be a little shorter because-- uhhh, I want it very well written but it cannot have too much words... or too long... or I might start writing crap. SMH. So, it depends on how much I have written down for one section.

I was hit with a sudden inspiration and I was like: "Fuck, I'm inspired and I have 99999 other inspirations, inspired by everyday things and I'm more or less like, OkAy LeT's BrEaK mY hAnDs!"

Oh, and this is set in a modern type AU because that way, it is benifical for the plot line.

Before you progress!

𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕔𝕠𝕟𝕥𝕒𝕚𝕟 𝕥𝕨𝕠 𝕕𝕚𝕗𝕗𝕖𝕣𝕖𝕟𝕥 𝕤𝕙𝕚𝕡𝕤.

☂ Zenitsu x Tanjiro

☀ Muzan x Tanjiro

Hope you enjoy never the less! unu
--------------------------------------------- ✂ ----------------------------------------------

Tanjiro and Zenitsu are dating, though-- they don't share a sweet bond.

It's not a sweet one, no.

It's a cold one.

"Zentisu," Tanjiro pouts, "Don't you wanna hang out at the aquarium?" He asks through the phone. All he gets back is a hum but it's broken from the connection. "Zentisu? Zentisu...?" He asks again, but the static interups every word Zentisu is saying back.

Eventually he sighs, and just hangs up. Instead, he texts Zentisu.

ᴢᴇɴιтѕυ

ᴢᴇɴιтѕυ ʀᴇᴘʟʏ... ᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴏᴋᴀʏ? ✓

The message showed read but Zentisu didn't replied back. Tanjiro pouts, and combs through his red hair with his left hand, fustrated. He tries again, demanding for an answer.

ᴢᴇɴɪᴛsᴜ! ʀᴇᴘʟʏ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ ᴏʀ ɪ ᴍɪɢʜᴛ ɢᴇᴛ ᴡᴏʀʀɪᴇᴅ... ✓

That's when Tanjiro notices the three little circles that indicate he's typing back.

[ωιғι cσηηεcтιση ιs яℓℓү вα∂ 4 sυм яεαsση. sυм σғ мү мsgs ∂ι∂η'т gσ тняυ.]

Zenitsu's message popped up, making the phone vibrate a little. Tanjiro instantly read the message and sighed.

ᴏᴋᴀʏ ᴛʜᴇɴ. ɢᴏ ᴛᴏ sᴏᴍᴇᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴡɪғɪ, ᴀɴᴅ... ɪ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ʜᴀɴɢ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜ, ᴢᴇɴɪᴛsᴜ. 

[sяяү. ι ωιsн ι cσυℓ∂ вυт ι'м яℓℓү вυsү. мαүвε ηεxт тнυяs?]

Oh...

Tanjiro stared at the message for what seemed like forever, before he finally sighed and pouts. He's lonely, he's very lonely... he spent these nights alone because Zenitsu's been really busy. He sets the phone down, and looks out the window.

It's raining... again.

These days have been pouring, goodness. Tanjiro lays a hand on the cold glass, as the rain hits down on it. A calm-- but familiar rhythm fills the air around Tanjiro, only reminding him of the lonely nights.

His gaze lowers as he curls up into a ball. He hugs his knees close to his chest, and closes his eyes. He leans against the window, just thinking about the memories they shared together.

Lonely night, empty bed, silent house.

All are sad memories.

The weather fits Tanjiro's sad self.

The rain is just so calm sometimes, but it's always so unbearably sad.

Tanjiro opens his eyes again, and stares out the window. He longs for the sun, he longs for the gentle warm feeling-- he longs for the feeling of being loved... something he no longer felt.

A saying suddenly rings in Tanjiro's head. A person will always desire something they don't have. It suddenly makes so much sense, and oh god-- Tanjiro never wanted to understand it.

Because, you can only understand something when you finally feel it.

Sighing, he picks up the phone that rested beside him. Slowly, he begins to type.

ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇᴇᴛ ᴀᴛ ᴀ ʙᴀʀ ɴᴇᴀʀ ᴍʏ ʜᴏᴜsᴇ ᴛᴏɴɪɢʜᴛ

Almost instantly, the message was read by Zenitsu. The familiar three dots popped up almost instantly; this was the quickest reaction Tanjiro's ever gotten out of him.

[үεα. ι тнιηк ι cαη мαкε sυм тιмε 4 тσηιтε.]

Tanjiro let a small smile be planted onto his face. He sends out an emoji to let Zenitsu know that he was up for it, and continues to stare out the window with his sad smile.

Will the rain ever stop and let the sun shine?

--------------------------------------------- ✂ ----------------------------------------------