Nathaniel Dameron. The overachieving professor.

Marie eyed Nathaniel as he sat by her. His loose joggers fit his long legs perfectly and he remained without a shirt. Marie wanted to lean over and drag her hands over the muscle; feel his chest, arms, and back.

She wanted to touch him. But she held back.

Marie hesitated with her next question, not wanting to cross any lines. "Can I ask a personal question... professor?"

Nathaniel frowned at Marie's small voice and tentative tone. "Anything, Marie. And call me Nathaniel."

"If I'm spending the night... well, um... do you sleep with your submissives?"

Nathaniel furrowed his eyebrows. "Of course, who do you make me out to be?"

He disliked the misconception sadists like him were completely cold-hearted.

But then Nathaniel faltered.

"Well, I try to. I usually have to go back to my study to work. Most of the time I fall asleep at my desk."

Marie could see remorse in his eyes

Nathaniel paused, realizing he was conjuring up troubling thoughts. "That's why most of them leave."

It was true. The few that weren't with him for the money either couldn't keep up with his sadist urges or felt he never gave them enough time... that he put his work over the relationship.

Nathaniel had told Marie he couldn't promise anything. Marie took the words seriously. She came to him to experience the unknown, not for roses and romance.

If anything, she wanted to avoid those things.

She already felt herself becoming drawn to the man in ways that scared her.

"Hey, it's okay. You're a busy man. I respect that." Marie smiled reassuringly. "Trust me, I'll sleep like a baby."

Nathaniel smiled back solemnly. He also realized the two should most likely keep their space as much as possible given their... relationship.

"Well, it's kinda late for takeout so help yourself to anything in the kitchen when you're done. That is if you can cook...?"

Marie wanted to roll her eyes. "Let's leave the sexism and degrading comments in the bedroom, please."

Nathaniel's beautiful laugh enchanted the closed room and tickled at Marie's heart.

She quickly shoved the feeling away.

Nathaniel continued. "Alright, get clean. I'll check on you after my call."

"I don't know, I'm a pretty dirty girl."

Nathaniel nudged Marie on the shoulder as he got up, his muscles flexing deliciously in the light.

Marie spent the next half hour in full selfcare mode. She removed the attached shower head and washed her long, dark waves in languid strokes with the white orchid scented shampoo and conditioner nearby. She then massaged and scrubbed every inch and corner of her body, the lather wafting sweet scents through the steamed air. Marie had never felt more clean and regal.

After patting herself dry gently to avoid aggravating her lashed skin, Marie applied soft lotion and the medicated ointment cream Nathaniel had left on the counter. She wore the reddening marks and streaks with pride. Marie then turned to look at the grand mirror that covered the wall.

The girl looking back at her was unrecognizable.

Marie knew she had been forced to grow up fast as a young woman. She took on the stress of the expectations put on her by society and her family from a young age. School, grades, work, money, being a good sister, being a good friend, getting married, having kids... the list goes on. It all burdened Marie.