Chapter 13: So?

"Hey..." Rafael yelled as he was suddenly flipped over Penelope's back magically. He landed on the mill floor with a heavy thud, expelling a thick gust of wind from his lungs. "Damn," he groaned as he looked up at Penelope, who was looking down at him with a smirk on her lips. "That hurt," he said, then rolled over and jumped up.

"Payback for that punch you landed earlier," she said, and then pointed to the black eye she had.

"I said I was sorry. You were supposed to go the other way," he grumbled.

"Well I didn't," Penelope said.

"I still think we should be a little more evenly matched," Raf stated.

Hope came up beside them and said, "Which is why you're not. The witches need to learn to defend against creature who are stronger and faster than them, and the vamps and you need to learn to defend yourselves against magical attacks. I have cream to fix Pen's eye, and you'll heal in no time at all. Until then, learn to push past the pain."

She stepped away from them and into the center of the room and clapped her hands, gathering the attention of the rest of her students. "The same goes for the rest of you. We have less than two weeks left until the full moon. That means I only have a little over a week to get you into fight shape, or the adult won't let you come with us."

"Yeah, but we've been kicking ass all week," Penelope said.

"You guys are doing great," Hope assured them.

"But..." Josie said.

"But Dr. Saltzman's a worrier. It's taken everything me, Caroline, and Auntie Freya have to get him to agree to you guys coming with."

"Then we'll have to prove we're good enough to join this fight," Kaleb said.

Hope looked down at her watch. It was already way past dinner time. "Alright you guys can go. Josie and I have somewhere to be. I want everyone here right after breakfast though."

The boys grumbled as they grabbed their duffle bags and left.

"You ready?" Hope asked Josie.

"Nope," Josie said as she shook her head.

"You finally going to find out?" Penelope asked.

"Yep. Auntie Freya can do the spell when the sun goes down."

"I still can't believe you may have impregnated by sister," Lizzie said with a glared.

"If I never hear the word impregnant again I will be one happy witch," Josie groaned.

"Same here," Hope agreed.

Josie wrapped her arm around Hope's shoulder. "Let's go prove you're just a normal girl."

They stepped out into the warm evening air, and slowly made their way back to the school. Hope looked back, and noticed Penelope and Lizzie weren't following. "I hope they aren't killing each other."

"What?" Josie asked.

"Pen and Liz, they aren't following us," Hope said.

They stopped walking and looked back at the mill. When neither girl stepped out of the building Josie asked, "You don't think they're... you know?

"No way," Hope said automatically. "I joked about to Pen about her asking Lizzie out and she laughed for like ten minutes straight at the idea."

"Then what do you think they're doing?"

"I don't know. Maybe they're fighting. Like practice fighting. Of course, it's Pen and Lizzie so they could really be fighting."

"I don't hear them yelling. Do you think we should go check on them?"