I convinced Luka to let me travel alone, since he had visitors coming over today. I knew he must've been calling me though, he wouldn't be Luka if he wasn't.

I checked my phone, seeing five miss calls and a couple text messages from him, just as I assumed.

*Are you sure you don't want me to come get you? *

*Call me when you're about to leave*

*It's eight o'clock, did you forget to call me?*

*I'm not trying to be pushy. Just let me know that you're okay*

Rolling my eyes at his last message, I decided to call him instead of texting. He picked up at the first ring.

"Hey where are you? " He asked as soon as he answered.

"I'm just about to leave and you can chill, I wont get myself killed or kidnapped" I said as I backed out of the parking lot.

"I cant be too sure. Please hurry home" He really does worry too much. I'm a big girl.

"I will. Oh and did you send a wolf to come watch me? " I asked carefully.

"What wolf? Victoria is there a wolf following you? Shit. Go back to the diner I'll come get you" He rambled out.

"No you don't have to, I was just teasing" I lied. As much as I' d love to see him sooner, I really didn't want to turn back.

"Victoria.. " He warned lowly while I rolled my eyes once again.

"Luka I said its fine. I'll be home soon, I'm driving extra fast. See you soon bye" I ended the call swiftly before he could argue further.

My phone rang again and I quickly sent a text message saying it's unsafe to drive and talk, knowing that will shut him up.

The clouds overcast the dark night sky, hiding the moon behind their thick blankets. The night seemed a little darker, due to the lack of moonlight, and my headlights were all I was depending on as I turned into the forest.

It was then that I wished I took up Luka's offer to come get me, but I brushed the fear away. Victoria fears nothing.

I turned my radio on to distract me while I drove, singing along as the songs passed by.

Out of nowhere I felt something hit the back of my car, slowing me down as I peered through the mirror to see what it was.

To my utmost and devastating surprise, it was the same wolf from the diner , except this time he didn't look calm.

I drove faster, feeling quite unsafe with him chasing me. But after a while I realized that if he wanted to catch me, he could've ages ago. From what I've learnt, I knew that they run really fast when they want to. So, it's like he was taunting me....

I took a stupid and very unsafe risk by slowing down a bit.

My theory was approved when I noticed he started to slow down also. With the ounce of bravery I had, I stopped abruptly, making him stop a few feet away from me also.