Strangeness and Charm

Loki's heart seemed to stop beating, this was the man who had texted him last night and here he was. The best part was that Tony seemed stuck too, his three friends had to snap their fingers, and wave their hands in front of his face before he started to respond. He did with a jolt. Samantha slapped Loki's arm and he came back to life almost.

"Good morning, what can I get for you?" Loki asked, stuttering. The tallest one, a muscular blonde, smiled and looked at Loki directly.

"I'll take a medium hot chocolate please."

"Aright, and for you?" Loki looked at the shorter, dirty blonde, and he heard the barista begin her work. The tall man handed him money, enough to pay for each of them if they all ordered: 30 dollars.

"Large coffee. Black. Thanks." Said the dirty blonde said coolly, both him and the tall one wandered over to wait. "Oh, and the big dude says keep the change."

"Oh, alright, thank you. Sir?" The Norwegian looked at a man with a scruffy face, and dark curly hair.

"Oh medium coffee, black will do." He followed his friends and Tony was left alone.

"And what can I get for you?"

"I'm fine." Loki felt his legs start to shake when he talked. His voice was gorgeous.

"Alright, thank you. You gentlemen have a nice day." The barista called out the three who ordered's drinks and they left. Tony and the fastest out. His heart was beating furiously now, and his legs were wobbling a lot. But for his own sake, and so the girls wouldn't say anything, he stayed in place.

•***•

Tony had practically run from the Starbucks. The guys had to run to catch him as he walked quickly along the sidewalk.

"Hey, Tony, what the hell man? You look like you've seen a fucking ghost." A woman next to them gasped and covered her child's ears when Clint had said that. "Oh like he's never heard those words before!"

"Yeah, you looked very frazzled." Steve added in, taking a sip of his hot chocolate.

"Bro...." Clint laughed.

"What?"

"Nothing, but frazzled? Really, Steve?"

"Girls, girls, you're both pretty now stop. What's the issue Tony? Normally you are the first of us to order."

"Well, I just didn't feel like coffee today."

"Lies." Clint chimed.

"I'm not lying," He was, "I just-didn't want coffee today."

"Alright, come on, Fury'll be pissed," Clint was extra careful to make that loud and the woman flashed him another dirty glance, "If we get in late."

"We all work in different parts of the building, why does he care?" They flashed their badges and the doors swung open, the four of them walked inside.

"Because you four are notorious for being late, and it is rather starting to get old." Phil Coulson, one of Fury's 'second in commands' said from the elevator as he walked out. He gave Steve a nod but to the others he was rigid as a block of wood. "I could use the words he did but those sound better from him."

"Alright, see you guys later." Clint waved as he walked off, he had one of the best jobs: testing out the new weapons. Tony got to make a portion of them, Steve was in charge of the new recruits to S.H.I.E.L.D, and Bruce worked in the chemical lab.

"Tell Natasha we say hi!" Steve called, Clint was gone though.

"Bye Agent." Tony said as he strolled to the elevator with Bruce and Steve. Steve continued to drink, finishing it as they got out of the elevator.