Chapter Nineteen: The Love Bite of the Lioness

Start from the beginning

My body hummed at the touch of her despite having my wrist captive within her grip. My heart tattooed itself against my chest as I realized that we separated ourselves from the party and from everyone else. The music that was playing downstairs was now a soft hum and I could faintly hear the chatter and laughter from outside. Nerves began to awaken as my mind began its assault of the various scenarios that could happen at this moment. And none were PG. 

“Here it is,” she announced, releasing my wrist and nodded at the bathroom in front of her. Her amber eyes flickered to me, looking me over making me more aware of how alone we were.

“Thanks,” I murmured, taking a step towards the bathroom but was abruptly pushed against the wall with Kat towering over me.

Those golden flames gazed down on me with so much anger that I couldn’t look at her in the eyes for even a second. Her intimidation flared out in waves almost suffocating me in the creeping fear that she might do something out of anger. Her hand that had placed itself on my waist tightened almost digging her fingers into my hipbone while her other hand wound itself around my throat. Her hold was a feathery touch on my neck but it still didn’t ease the thought that she might tighten her grip.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” She hissed, those golden orbs narrowing into slits.

“T-tell you what?”

“That you’re dating my cousin! What else do you think I’m talking about?!” Her face was now a few inches away from mine as her hot breath fanned over my cheeks.

A silent whimper escaped my mouth, wincing at the sound of her vicious voice. “I’m n-not!”

“Don’t you dare lie to me, Mabel,” she warned, giving a light squeeze on my throat.

You’re dealing with a cage fighter, Mabel, my conscious whispered. She's bound to go off.

I closed my eyes, remembering that night where I saw her in that ring. Fighting against her opponent with that unmistakable fury trembling off of her in thick waves. The way she wrapped her hands around his head and snapped it to the side. I couldn’t help but imagine myself in that man’s place. Could Kat separate herself from the cage fighting or does she carry it with her around?

“Mabel,” she demanded in a low voice that made me shudder in fear.

My eyes opened and met those blazing golden flames that never wavered from me. I tried to further away from her; to sink back against the wall and have some sort of distance but her hold on me prevented me from doing so. Biting my lip, I brought my trembling hands and wrapped them around her wrists, hoping she could get the message to release me. I didn’t like the way she bombarded me with her threatening form.

She blinked and recollection fell upon her features as those amber eyes flickered down to the hand that was wrapped around my throat. They widened with alarm, dropping her hand and taking a small step back giving me the chance to take a deep breath. She didn’t know she was holding my neck even though it wasn’t a tight grip but a light hold, she was still alarmed over her actions. 

“I’m not dating Riley,” I confessed as I watched Kat glare down at her hand that had taken vacancy around my neck. “He wanted his ex-girlfriend to leave him alone and sadly, I was there when he got the bright idea of having me pretending to be his girlfriend. That’s all. I have no feelings for Riley nor does he.”

She remained silent and I didn’t know if she heard me or if she was still in turmoil of what she had done during her raging state. So, I did my best to reassure her that she didn’t hurt me although, my hip would have a few bruises from her tight hold but I would not mention that.