Chapter 6

Thoughts: 'Blah. Blah. Blah."

Flashback: Blah. Blah. Blah. ( [END]FLASHBACK before/after them)

Hedwig: "Blah. Blah. Blah."

Parseltongue: {Blah. Blah. Blah.}

Letters/Articles/Writing: Blah. Blah. Blah.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 6

After Harry and Draco were measured for their school robes, they went to stand outside of the robe shop, waiting for Draco's father. Harry was nervous. Not only was he meeting the father of the first friend he's ever made, he also might have to convince Hagrid to let him go. Because there is no way in hell he is missing this.

"You seem tense." Draco says to him.

"A little," Harry replies. "I'm mostly worried about what Hagrid will say about this. He doesn't seem to like to 'go off script'."

"Hagrid? Is that who's helping you around? He works at Hogwarts. As some sort of servant, I think."

"Yeah. But not a servant, he's the gameskeeper."

"Right, I've heard all sorts of stories about him. You should hear the one where-"

"Draco", he is cut off by who Harry assumes is Draco's father sternly saying his name.

"Father," He replies, instantly straightening his back and jutting out his chin. He looks the same as he did when they had first begun talking in Madam Malkin's.

"Who is this?" Draco's father asks, curious.

"This is my friend Harry Potter." Draco introduces him proudly, probably hoping to impress his father with the name. "Harry, this is my father, Lucius Malfoy." Draco continues, saying his father's name just as proudly as he had said Harry's.

"Nice to meet you, sir." Harry inclines his head toward the wizard as a show of respect.

Draco's father looks at him analytically. Which really is quite intimidating, if you think about it. Lucius Malfoy is one of the tallest men he's seen, not including Hagrid, of course. Like his son, he has platinum blonde hair and sharp features, coupled with intelligent gray eyes. But, unlike Draco's eyes, which were mischievous and intense, his father's eyes were cold and calculating. Eventually, he nods at Harry, barely inclining his head. "Likewise." He says, and Harry notices how smooth and elegant his voice is. 'Another dissimilarity between father and son' Harry thinks. Draco's voice is elegant, yes, but it also has this raw edge to it that makes Harry want to listen to him speak all day.

"Father, Harry was raised by muggles. And he hasn't been properly educated on wizarding customs and culture. I thought that we could take him to Flourish and Blotts and buy him one of those silly guides written for muggleborns. To make sure he's successful." Draco rants for a moment before bringing home the point.

"I see." Draco's father says simply. He then beckens them to follow, saying, "Come along then. We mustn't keep your mother waiting, Draco."

Draco and Harry look at each other, grinning, and with that, they take off, following closely behind Mr. Malfoy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When they reach the bookshop, Draco and Harry are chatting softly to themselves about what they think Hogwarts will be like. Draco had informed Harry of the different houses: Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Draco seems to be certain he will be sorted into Slytherin, and Harry admires his confidence. Harry, on the other hand, has no idea where he'll be placed. 'Watch me get there and have all of this turn out to be some kind of cruel joke.' Harry thinks, uncertain of his belonging in the wizarding world.