EIGHTEEN (RE-EDITED)

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: Merry Christmas

THOMAS AND TABITHA WENT HOME THAT CHRISTMAS EVE NIGHT, WANTING TO BE HOME WITH THEIR DAUGHTER AND PUT PRESENTS UNDER THE TREES.

When they came back that afternoon, however, the couple had got a letter in the mail. It was a letter from Luca Changretta, the only son of Vicente Changretta, the man Tabitha killed because her little sister was killed. Thomas and Tabitha had been served the black hand, and Luca Changretta was coming to kill her because she killed his father.

Thomas was more alert, knowing a man was going to try and kill his wife. He couldn't let that happen, he wouldn't, he wouldn't let the love of his life and the mother of his child be killed. Thomas wasn't able to imagine what would've happened if he lost her, only that it would be dark and he'd blame himself.

Maggie had grown from a baby to a toddler in that past year. She was learning to talk, read, walk on his own, and sit in a chair. The girl sat by the fire in a chair beside their mother, who was sitting on the floor. The study was decorated with a large tree and beautiful ornament from both sides of Tabitha and Thomas' family. It was the perfect Christmas Tabitha always wanted, since her family of gypsies never really had a tree and her and her siblings only got one present.

Thomas walked over to his wife and daughter with a plate of minced pie and a glass of whiskey. It was for them to give to Santa Clause before she went to bed.

"Right, now, this is your job, Maggie,"Thomas said, handing his daughter the plate. "Wanna give this to Santa and Rudolf?" Thomas asked, helping Maggie place the plate down near the fireplace. He placed down the whiskey beside the plate. "Good girl. Leave, this out for Santa, that's whiskey."

Him and Tabitha looked at their daughter with smiles. He pulled Maggie into his arms and him and Tabitha hugged the girl lovingly.

"Night, night, Merry Christmas, Maggie," Thomas said, then kissing her forehead.

"Merry Christmas," Tabitha said, kissing her head as well. "We'll see you tomorrow, my darling."

"Come on, Miss Maggie," Francis, Maggie's nanny, said.

Francis took her hand and together they left study. It was just Thomas and Tabitha, all alone with each other. When they got up, Thomas wrapped his arms around Tabitha from behind. She giggled feeling his lips plant gentle kisses on her neck and shoulder.

"So what did you get me this year, Father Christmas?" Tabitha asked as they moved towards the desk.

"Oh I've got many things for you tonight, Mrs Claus," Thomas whispered huskily, making his wife chuckle. "But there's a present for you to open tonight."

"Oh?"

"Close your eyes and wait here."

Thomas' arms disappeared from Tabitha's body and she closed her eyes like he said. His footprints got lighter the more he walked away.

"This isn't another cursed sapphire is it?" Tabitha asked nervously.

"No, far from it, I checked beforehand," Thomas said, walking back after he grabbed it. He then put something in front of her neck. "You can open them now."

Tabitha opened her eyes and looked down at Thomas held around her neck. It was a diamond necklace in the shape of a heart, and Tabitha's jaw dropped seeing it shine.

"Thomas..." Tabitha whispered, unable to speak.

"Six years ago, I gave you my heart...And now I'm giving it to you again," Thomas said, clipping the necklace around her neck. "Curse free."