TWO (EDITED)

CHAPTER TWO: Back to Where it All Began

THE STORY BEGAN WHEN YOUNG GYPSY WOMAN TABITHA HEARN WAS TOLD BY HER FATHER FINNEAS THAT SHE WAS BEING MARRIED OFF TO THOMAS SHELBY.

The Shelby's and the Hearn's had bad blood, and Tabitha and Thomas rested most of that blood. There were some of Tabitha's uncles and cousins that still had bad blood with the Shelby's. Since Finneas was the leader of the family, he warned his family to not fight with the Shelby's no matter how much they hated them.

It was 1924, almost two years after Tabitha gave birth to her and Thomas' daughter, Margaret Shelby. A week after their birth, Thomas and Tabitha moved them into the Arrow House in Warwickshire to raise both Margaret away from the dangerous family business. The girl was growing quick. Margaret looked like the splitting image of her mother. Especially her eyes, the similar deep brown with gold flakes.

Thomas and Tabitha fell in love with their daughter the first time they saw here. They swore that they'd love and protect her no matter what. He wanted to protect their daughter at all costs, and wanted them and her future younger siblings to grow up with a good life away from the dangers of the family business, even though Maggie would one day be his heir. Little did they know what the future had in store for the Shelby family.

Tabitha knew her daughter was going to love their father forever. When Thomas entered the nursery every morning, in the drawing room, Maggie would play with toys and have her father play with them. Watching him with their daughter almost made Tabitha cry every time, seeing how much he loved him. Tabitha loved Maggie with all her heart, she was in her stomach for nine months, after all.

It had been six years since Tabitha and Thomas got married in the Hearn family village. Thomas had the perfect anniversary gift for his wife, and that was to have the wedding he wanted to give when he fell in love with her. They were going to renew their vows in a small church right near the Arrow House. Jeremiah was going to be the minister, unlike Johnny Dogs or Uncle Paulie Hearn. When Thomas got down on one knee, it almost made Tabitha cry happy tears. He asked if she'd marry him again and she said yes with no hesitation.

On Saturday, the day of Thomas and Tabitha's six-year anniversary, the Shelby family, their friends, and the Hearn family sat in the small church, on opposites sides of each other. Both families were loud, talking to one another in the church, some of Tabitha's cousins sent daggers at the Blinders even though Finneas said they would not be fighting for Tabitha's sake.

Penelope was there with her husband Elijah and their son Daniel, while Charity and Ocean sat beside their mother Kezia, the Hearn matriarch. Alfie Solomons was even invited, sitting beside newlyweds, Theo and Lizzie Hearn. Thomas was at the front, with Jeremiah and Arthur, who was his best man.

Tabitha was right outside the doors, ready to be presented with her father by her side. Since she wasn't a virgin like before, Tabitha couldn't wear white, but she didn't care, and wore a nice white wedding dress, more beautiful than her first one. Her shoes were white as well and her white veil had beautiful embroidery and lace. In her father's eyes, Tabitha was as beautiful as she was at the first wedding. The music began and that was Tabitha and her father's cue, placing the veil back over her face.

"Ready to do this again?" Finneas asked his daughter with a faint smile.

"Definitely," Tabitha answered, which was different the last time.

The double doors to the church opened wide, and there were gasps of awe as Tabitha walked in with her and Finneas' arms linked together. Just the sight of her almost made Thomas cry as she made her way to him. The walk was slow, but Tabitha and her father made their way to Thomas, Arthur, and Jeremiah. Thomas helped her up the steps until they were across each other, and he lifted the veil from his face. He faintly smiled, seeing her beautiful face, and their hands went into each others.