TWELVE (RE-EDITED)

CHAPTER TWELVE: the Examination

"ALRIGHT, TAB, BOYS, JUST REMEMBER THEY'RE FUCKING INSANE."

Thomas said, putting a cigarette in his mouth. "And dangerous and drink on stuff we've never heard of. And they're worse than us for spirits and ghosts. Today, they're gonna test us."

Two days later, Thomas and Tabitha's plan was in action. Thomas, Tabitha, John, and Arthur were going to the Grand Duke and Duchess' estate where the treasury was. It was so they'd find where it was to complete the rest of the plans. Tabitha only went along to make sure everything went right and that Tatiana kept her hands of Thomas and her. She dressed like one of the boys in one of the juice female suits she owned, wearing her peaky cap.

They walked up the driveway, seeing Tatiana at the end wearing a red dress as Thomas and Tabitha held each other's hands. On the sides of the concrete were guards, the Cossacks, people Tabitha despised for how they treated the Jews.

"The Russians all turned and ran," Arthur said, looking at the Cossacks.

"The Cossacks didn't run, Arthur," Thomas said.

Tatiana walked, meeting Thomas and Tabitha in the middle after passing the Cossacks, the duchess looked at the couple.

"Mr and Mrs Shelby, welcome," Tatiana said with a small smile. "Excuse the reception. Whenever we open the treasury, the Cossacks are on guard."

Tatiana then turned around, leading Thomas, Tabitha, Arthur John inside. They followed her until they entered a small private room, and then the Grand Duchess came in. Tabitha sat down that a window while Thomas, Arthur, and John were standing across from them. Tatiana and her aunt were at another door. Thomas' back was facing towards her as he spoke to his brothers.

"In Russia, men on the other side of the law decorate their body in tattoos," Thomas said.

"Nice," John said.

"Right," Arthur said.

"Now, some of these tattoos are proof of allegiance to underground organizations, which are the sworn enemies of the royal household," Thomas started. "So it's customary in Russian royal households to check for such tattoos before engaging a man in business. And as we approach the allotted day, these ladies here would like to make sure that you're not assassins or infiltrators..."

"No, we are all good," Arthur nodded to the Russian women.

"So they would like to check your skin," Thomas finished, making Tabitha furrow her brows.

"They wanna check our skin?" John questioned.

"Yeah. My body's already been checked. And now it's your turn." He knew his wife didn't like the sound of that, he was going to pay for it later. "Come on boys. Take your clothes off."

"Fuck off," Arthur said, flat-out as the Grand Duchess walked towards them. "No, no, no."

"Obey," Izabella said as Thomas went to Tabitha's side, leaning on the wall.

"Obey, Arthur," John joked.

"No, I won't be obeying nobody. Get out of my way, both of you," Arthur, passing past John and Izabella towards Thomas.

Thomas began talking to Arthur in Romani so the Russian women didn't know. Tabitha heard it clear as day, being a gypsy woman and fluent in the language. Arthur decided to listen to Thomas and Tabitha rolled her eyes as her husband sat down beside her. Izabella and Tatiana stood in front of Arthur and John as both men began moving their clothing. Tabitha refused to look at anything other than their face, not wanting to see their private parts. Izabella and Tatiana were speaking in Russian looking around the exposed John while Arthur hesitated.