Rumors of a Reaper:

ابدأ من البداية

Dimitri stood up from his seat, "I'll help you" he declared,

Byleth turned and looked at him "That's not necessary Dimitri" she said.

Dimitri shook his head, "I insist" he said and walked over to the door and opened it.

Byleth frowned at him for a moment, then sighed and walked through the door.

Dimitri followed behind her, with a small grin on his face.

Byleth:

The Death Knight is stalking the monastery.

Those words rang through Byleth's head, did Edelgard send him or is it of his own volition. To come and remind them what they're up against.

"Dammit, ok" Claude sighed, Byleth drew her attention back to the meeting. It no longer felt like it was all that important, especially now that the looming threat that is the death knight was brought to light. "We need to figure this out quick, we have increased patrols monitoring around the monastery for now on" Claude said.

Byleth nodded and stood up from her seat and turned towards Alois, "If that's all, I'm going to get going and check on how everyone is faring" she declared and began to head for the exit, she was certain these rumors of the Death Knight reappearing would have caused some up stir, no doubt.

What Byleth hadn't expected was the brooding Prince to, offer his assistance in the matter. "I'll help you" Dimitri called out and jumped up from his seat.

No, dammit.

Byleth wasn't in the mood for babysitting, "That's not necessary Dimitri" Byleth said coolly

Dimitri shook his head and walked over to the door, "I insist" he said as he opened it and waited for her to walk through.

Byleth frowned at Dimitri, but she knew there was a time and a place to argue, and this was neither of them, so she sighed and exited from the Cardinal room with Dimitri following behind her.

Byleth attempted at walking at a brisk pace, hoping maybe that he'd get the message that his presence was unwelcomed, but she failed to keep in mind that Dimitri's legs were significantly longer then hers and had no trouble keeping up with the set pace.

"So, what are we going to do?" Dimitri asked after they had been walking in an awkward silence for a couple of minutes.

"Find out more about the Death Knight sightings" Byleth replied, "You don't need to help, I can manage it on my own" she added.

Dimitri didn't respond to her comment, he remained silent and continued following Byleth to wherever it was that she was leading.

They went around the monastery and asked around to try to dig up any information on the Death Knight and where he was showing up, but no one really knew anything on the matters well at least Claude is setting up a patrol for that matter. Byleth turned to Dimitri it was about time to call it quits, this investigation was going nowhere.

"Byleth" A voice called out and she turned around, it was Gilbert, "Ah hello, Your Highness" he added and bowed to Dimitri.

"Hello Gilbert" Dimitri said with a nod.

"Oh, right Byleth I meant to ask, do you have a moment?" Gilbert questioned.

Byleth nodded, "Of course" she said.

"I would like to hear your opinion on our situation" Gilbert said, "Given our current fighting power, what sort of challenge do we pose to the Empire?" he asked "If the plan for co-existing with the Empire fails... Do we have any hope for victory?" Gilbert questioned.