Rumors of a Reaper:

Start from the beginning

Jeralt smiled and nodded, "It is strategically smart" he said "Heh, I'm glad that your head has cleared a bit kid" Jeralt added.

Dimitri nodded, "Me too" he replied.

It took four days of traveling before both joint armies reached the monastery.

As soon as they reached the monastery Alois was waiting at the gates for them and took Byleth and Claude off somewhere to speak with them privately, it seemed like whatever was bothering Alois had to be important if he dragged them off before they had even settled back in. Naturally, Dimitri followed behind them, to see if there was anything he could assist with.

"You know Dimitri your stealthiness really needs improvement" Claude called out.

Dimitri picked up his pace until he was beside the Byleth and Claude, "I wasn't trying to be stealthy" he retorted.

Claude shook his head, "How typical of you to be following the two of us then" he said with a laugh "I assure you, we aren't up to anything" he added.

Dimitri frowned, while he knew whatever they were going to be doing right now wasn't anything they've done, he had a hard time believing that the pair weren't up to anything. He was certain there was a lot of information that he was being left out on, probably due to their fear that he might revert back to his former state, Dimitri felt jealousy clawing its way through him at the thought of Byleth and Claude having so much un-shared information between them. The other night he was certain that was only a small part in whatever it was that they knew.

"Right" was all Dimitri managed to say, he glanced over at Byleth, she had still yet to speak to him since the night she had told Dimitri about his Uncle. Many moons ago after Dimitri had yelled at Byleth, Felix had stormed into the Cathedral and yelled at Dimitri to cease lashing out on Byleth, that there might come a day that she wants nothing to do with him.

Dimitri feared he had reached that day.

Alois led them to them to the Cardinals room, once inside he began debriefing them on everything that had been going on in the monastery since they left.

"Alois, I'm not going to lie I thought something more urgent happened" Byleth spoke up after a while of Alois giving his run down, "All of the things you mentioned, are normal occurrences her" she added.

Alois frowned, "Oh, really" he said "Then I suppose the Death Knight wandering around the outskirts of the monastery is normal?" he asked.

Byleth rubbed her forehead, "Alois why didn't you start with that" she said in an irritated voice.

Alois laughed, "Why to build suspense of course" he said.

"Alois, I love building suspense as much as the next guy, but it really would have been best to tell us this right off the bat" Claude groaned.

Byleth shook her head, "Anyways how long has this been going on for?" she asked.

"The past few days, we have only had sightings of him, no encounters" Alois replied.

Byleth nodded, "Do you think maybe they're planning an attack?" she asked.

"I don't know, it seems like they are just watching" Alois replied.

Claude rubbed his head, "Dammit, ok" he sighed "We need to figure this out quick, we have increased patrols monitoring around the monastery for now on" Claude said.

Byleth nodded in agreement, then stood up from her seat "If that's all, I'm going to get going and check on how everyone is faring" Byleth said and began to head for the door.