Against my will, I groggily stood up and bent down to get the can, which rolled all the way to the wall, I continued, "I probably need to come back later to gather my belongings—if there's any left—but overall I think it's a good decision. He acts like he's better than everyone else all the time and got off of quoting literally every Catholics ever existed."

"Quoting?"

"Yeah, he quotes a lot of them every time I get there," my finger reached the (slightly warm! ewww) can and pulled it out from underneath the couch, "Today he quoted....mother Teresa I think? 'Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier.'"

"No shit, that's how prostitution started."

I couldn't fully suppress a bark of laughter, "Are you implying I'm a whore?"

"Of course not, you'll drive them out of business. More like mattress replacer."

"You," I declared, "officially have the shittiest mouth in this family. How do you even come up with these kinds of things?!"

"I tried." He smirked, still eating before he stopped.

"Gimme some, too. You've been eating ever since I arrived."

Oliver handed me the empty basket, "Sure."

I spluttered, "What the fuck?! How did you eat it all that quickly?! Are you Luffy?"

"Thank you for the compliment."

"It's not supposed to be!!"

"Don't take it literally," he used my words against me with a playful poke, "Don't worry—mom knew you'd be coming over so she already packs BLTs for us two. I'll get it now."

"Oh really? Gotta thanks her when she wakes up, then." I sighed in content as I sat upright, trying to open the can of cola—

—SQUIRTTTTT

"Wuh?!" I spat out the sugary drink drenched on my face, clothes, and everything in shock as Oliver laughed his ass off.

"LOL I knew you are not the brightest but opening a can of coke right after you drop it?!" He paused to wipe away mirthful tears, "I sure wouldn't have the guts to do that!!"

"Why you—?!" I quickly make a beeline to Oliver, shake the remaining coke onto him, and messes his hair up.

"Wait—you'll dirty the carpet!! And this is my favorite shirt, ya asshole!!"

We playfully wrestled on the floor for a while before Oliver's mom came down and kicked us both to the bathroom. After we were dry and clean, Oliver and I purchased chapter 76 of the Royal Tutor and started reading.

It was fun.

\V/

"WAKE UP!! WAKE UP!! BAKA!!" Viktor the parrot bellowed at dawn.

"...hngg."

I woke up to a familiar ceiling. It's been a while since I dreamt of the past.

After all the partying we did last week, things have been great in the palace for a while. Heine fit in as well as he could've been, and things started to look up. Kai is Kai, Bruno is admittedly not himself, Leonhard is less afraid of royal tutors in general, and Licht is still his ordinary self.

Hm? Why was Leonhard afraid of tutors again—oh right. 

Damn, my brain really doesn't work properly in the morning.