Chapter 12

Lauren's POV

I woke up to see Joey's face smiling down at me. "Morning Lo," he said, kissing my nose.

"Morning," I giggled, reaching a hand up to brush the hair out of his eyes. "Do you make a habit of watching me sleep?"

He blushed, "Are you saying I can't look at my cute girlfriend while she's sleeping?" he said.

I rolled my eyes, "you're so cheesy," I giggled.

"And I still haven't had my morning kiss," he said, leaning towards me. I pulled back to tease him, but seeing the puppy dog look in his eyes, I leant forward and connected our lips.

We were the first ones out of our tent this morning, so we got started on breakfast. It wasn't long before the noise levels on the campsite rose as the families in the surrounding tents woke up with the sunrise. When the others woke up, we all sat down to eat breakfast. I sat next to Joey, with no space between us. It was time to start our little game.

"How did you sleep, Lauren?" Julia asked with a raised eyebrow as she sat down on the other side of me.

I smiled, "great thank you. What about you?" I asked and she smiled.

"Yeah, good thanks," she replied.

I smiled over at Joey. "You need any help, Lo?" he asked and I shook my head.

"I'm good. Actually, I'm gonna go and get ready," I said, ruffling his hair as I walked back to the tent.

I pulled out my bikini and shorts and t-shirt and began getting dressed, before running into a problem. I couldn't tie my bikini top with a broken wrist. I stuck my head out the tent and tried to get Julia's attention.

"Uh, Jules, can you give me a hand? I can't do my bikini top up," I called over to her.

She smirked at me, "I'm busy. But Joey can come and help," she said, pushing Joey towards the tent. He smiled and walked over to me, his face turning pink as he got closer.

"Do you mind me helping?" He asked and I shook my head.

"Not at all," I said. I turned around so Joey could tie up the straps on my back. I moved my hair to one side and flinched as his hands touched the bare skin on my back. When he was done, he bent down and planted a kiss on my neck. I reached my hand up to the back of his neck to keep his head in place.

When he pulled away, I turned around and wrapped my arms around him. "You might want to get dressed, otherwise they'll question what's taken you so long in here," I said and he smiled.

"Isn't that what we want?" he asked. I grinned.

"I'll meet you outside, JoJo," I said, throwing my t-shirt over my head and leaving Joey to get dressed.

On my way over to the group, Julia ran up to me. "When are you going to tell Joey? I thought it would be then, but you weren't in there together long enough," she said with a slight frown.

"I'll tell him soon, I'm just waiting for the right moment," I said. "These things can't be rushed. It has to be perfect."

Julia rolled her eyes, "you and your perfect moments. Promise me you'll tell him before this trip is over," she said and I smiled.

"Not making any promises," I teased before we went to join the others.

A short while later, we were all at the beach. Most people were getting ready to go to the sea, but I offered to stay with the bags seeing as I couldn't go in anyway.

"JoJo, before you go, could you put some sunscreen on my back again?" I asked softly.

He smiled and nodded, walking over to help me with my back. "Could you do under the straps as well, just in case they move?" I asked.

I could see everyone watching this exchange between Joey and I. There was no awkward atmosphere between us like there was a few days ago.

"There you go, Lo," he said, kissing my shoulder and turning to the group. "Actually, guys, you go ahead to the sea. I'm gonna stay with Lo for a bit."

Once the others were out of view, Joey laid down on the beach and pulled my head onto his stomach. "I'm gonna miss this when our lives go back to normal," I said, his hand tracing circles on my thighs.

"Me too, babe," Joey replied.

We had changed position by the time the others had arrived. "Made out yet?" Brian asked, sitting down next to us.

I rolled my eyes, "we're just friends," I said, looking over at Joey who subtly winked at me.

"Guys you could cut the sexual tension with a knife," Jaime said, and everyone laughed.

I looked to Joey, begging him to say something. "Lauren's just got out of a relationship. I highly doubt she wants to be in another one, and even if she did, I don't think of her that way," he said. From that point on, everyone left it, but Joey winked at me, reassuring me that he did, in fact, want to be with me.

Later that evening, as per usual, we were sat together round the bonfire. It was a lot colder tonight than it had been over the last few days. Joe and Dylan had managed to get us all to play a game of truth or dare. I was reluctant to play, but as it was our last night, I decided to join in.

"Jaime, truth or dare?" Dylan asked, smirking.

Jaime smiled, "Uh, truth," she said.

"Ok... what was the last thing you searched for on your phone?" He asked. Jaime thought for a moment before pulling out her phone to check.

"The nearest pizza delivery place," she said, showing us her search history.

We all laughed, and the game carried on. I suddenly felt a massive chill run down my spine and shivered. I was getting tired and ready for bed.

"You ok, honey?" Joey whispered, leaning into me.

I smiled, "yeah, I'm just a bit cold," I replied. Without hesitating, Joey unzipped his hoodie and placed it around my shoulders before wrapping his arm around me, his hand settling on my waist.

"Joey, truth or dare?" Jaime asked. I turned to him and smiled, wondering what he was going to choose.

"Truth," he answered, glancing down at me.

"We played never have I ever on Saturday. You drank when someone said never have I ever had a crush on someone here in this group. Who is that person?" She asked. Everyone waited in silence for what Joey was going to say.

He looked at me from the corner of his eye and smiled at me. I felt my heart begin to beat faster with every second he didn't answer the question. Everyone was looking from him to me, and to each other.

"Lo, of course. She's gorgeous," he said, smiling down at me. I smiled and leant my head against his shoulder. Everyone sat in silence, their mouths hanging open, watching the exchange between us. "Babe, truth or dare," he whispered to me.

"Dare," I replied, gazing into his eyes.

A grin came across his face as he opened his mouth to talk. "I dare you to kiss me," he said.

I reached my hands to his face as his went to my waist and our lips touched. The sudden gasp and cheers from our friends broke us apart, and I turned to face them, blushing massively.

••••••••

Ok so I literally have two chapters left!

Thank you so much for reading and commenting - it means so much to me.

E xo