Chapter 4

Lauren's POV

We arrived at the campsite in no time, and we headed over to our spot. We wasted no time in unpacking the car and starting to pitch the tents. Joey put mine and Julia's tent down in front of us, winked at me and walked over to set his tent up with Joe.

"Thanks for the help, Joey!" I called. He laughed at me and carried on getting the tent out with Joe.

"Lauren, what's going on with you and Joey?" Julia asked as I read through the instructions.

"What?" I asked, looking up at her confused.

She smiled, "Come on, Lauren. We see the way he looks at you, we see the way you look at him. He hardly ever calls you Lauren anymore, and I know for a fact you stayed at his last night. And you're planning on breaking up with Will, so now is your chance," Julia said.

I gasped, "what the fuck, Jules? How did you know all of that? And Joey and I don't look at each other any differently to the way we look at you guys," I replied.

Julia shook her head. "Lauren he's watching you now. And I know you're breaking up with Will cause I heard you talking in the car," she replied. "I tell you what. Why don't you spill the beans on Joey, and I'll spill the beans on Joe. How does that sound?"

I sighed, "Ok. Yes, I'm thinking about breaking up with Will. But I don't quite know what I'm going to do with it. And in regards to Joey... I think I'm falling for him," I whispered, checking over my shoulder to make sure no one else could hear.

"Eee! I knew it!" Julia squealed. "And Joe and I have been seeing each other for a few weeks. It isn't official yet, but we're getting there."

I smiled and congratulated my friend. I was really happy for her, and I could tell Joe cared about her. I felt kinda bad that they weren't able to sleep in the same tent, but I supposed they didn't want their relationship to be public yet. Which I totally understood.

To everyone's surprise, Julia and I finished setting up our tent first. Brian and Meredith were nearly done with theirs, as were Dylan and Jaime, but Joey and Joe just couldn't figure it out. Julia and I stood laughing before deciding to go and help.

"Looks like someone's struggling a bit," I said as Julia and I approached the boys.

Joey's face turned pink. "No, we just wanted to read the instructions first and make sure we've got all the pieces," he said, turning to me.

I nodded, "Uh huh. Sure," I said, humouring him. "Need a hand?" Joey nodded and Julia and I began helping.

Before long, all four tents were up and we were starting to finally get settled.

"Do you guys fancy a bonfire tonight?" Dylan asked as we were all sat together outside the tents.

It was starting to get late, and we were thinking about getting the BBQ going. Everyone seemed to agree on the bonfire, so the boys went to collect some wood whilst we stayed and started preparing the food.

"What time did you get to Joey's this morning, Lauren?" Meredith asked.

I sighed. I should have known these questions were coming. "Oh, like quarter to nine maybe?" I said and I could feel Julia looking at me suspiciously. She knew I stayed at his the night before, but I didn't want everyone knowing that.

"What's Will doing this week?" Jaime asked.

"To be honest, I don't know. He's having a party tonight so I imagine he'll probably spend the rest of tomorrow in bed, but I don't know what his plans are for the rest of the week," I said.

"Is everything ok with you two?" she asked with a slight frown.

I nodded and smiled, "Yeah. Just going through a rough patch, that's all. He's having a hard time at work and is being a bit distant. But its nothing too bad," I said. Jaime nodded and the conversation, thankfully, moved away from me.

"Never have I ever had a one night stand," Joe asked a few hours later. We were playing Never Have I Ever sat around the fire. Everyone was getting a little bit tipsy. Joe, Dylan and Jaime all took a sip of their drink.

"Never have I ever had a crush on someone in Starkid," Jaime said, her eyes focused on me. Everyone, including me, took a sip of their drink.

Next was Meredith. "Never have I ever stalked an ex on social media," she said. All four of us girls drank, laughing a little amongst ourselves, remembering the time we sat stalking our exes.

"Never have I ever had a crush on someone sitting around the fire," Brian said. As I expected, the three couples drank. I also did, but I didn't expect Joey to. Who did he have a crush on?

"Ooh Joey and Lauren!! Who are they?" Julia asked, smirking at me.

I smiled, "That, Julia, is another game. JoJo, it's your turn," I said, trying to move on from Brian's question.

We played a few more rounds before I felt my phone buzz. I picked it up and saw it was a message from Will. I opened it and my eyes focused on the two word text message.

Will: We're done.

I froze. That was it? No explanation. Nothing. I felt my breath catch in my throat as I fully came to terms with what had happened. Will and I were over. Yes, I may have intended to break up with him when I got back, but it was never something I would do over text. I wouldn't want him to be left with a load of questions, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

"Fancy a game of truth or dare?" Dylan suggested as Never Have I Ever had finished. A chorus of "yeah"s were heard, but I just couldn't face it tonight.

"Actually guys, I think I'm gonna head to bed. I'm pretty knackered. You guys can carry on though," I said, standing up.

"Ahh, come on Lauren. Stay for a little bit?" Julia asked, but I shook my head.

"I'll see you in the morning," I whispered.

I walked to mine and Julia's tent and climbed inside. I put my pyjamas on and settled into my sleeping bag, and switched on my phone. I scrolled through instagram to try and get my mind off what had happened between Will and I. I came across some of Will's friends photos from the party. The photos were mostly group photos, but the one that stuck out to me was a picture of Will and Jess, one of my old friends, with their arms around each other kissing. I went onto Jess' account and saw she had posted several pictures of her and Will. 'Happy 6th Month Anniversary baby!' the caption read. I switched my phone off and buried my face into my pillow, allowing the tears to fall freely down my face.

••••••••

Hope you enjoyed chapter four!

Stay tuned for chapter five tomorrow!

E xo