I was raised by my neighbour

My name is Sangay Dorji. Currently I am working as an IT Officer in one of the esteem organizations in Bhutan. I was raised by my neighbour.

My parents died when I was young. The demise of my father was due to serious illness caused by a throat cancer. When my mom died, I was just born. Literally she died after giving birth to me. Life is so unfair to very few people like us.

I wished I could have at least seen her face.

I miss my parents.

I was studying in class three when my father died. I have my brother who is also studying in class one.

Having no one to look after us, sometimes we used to sleep without food. At school we used to stay hungry too. One day, my younger brother was seriously sick and fainted. I was worried if he would leave me too. He was immediately taken to the hospital, rushed to the emergency ward and instantly nurse checked his heart beats and pulse. I was relieved when she said that he will be fine. She claimed that he fainted because he have not eaten well for several days. She injected glucose in his veins and then my brother was fine.

Seeing our condition and no close relatives to look after us, one of the kindest neighbours came to see us. She brought us lunch, chocolates, biscuits, tea and many more things to eat and drink. We ate and drank like we haven’t in ages.

I know her by Aunty Dema. She used to live next door to our house.  She has a son who was studying in tenth grade. She used to be nice to us. When my father died, Aunty Dema and her family helped in everything. I am grateful to her and family.

It was a surprised to know that Aunty Dema and Uncle Thinley will be adopting us. We were overwhelmed and happy that we got yet another parents. God bestowed us with another worldly gift.

Both of us shifted in our new home and my life changed to a completely new and different. We were treated equally like their own children.

Without them, I would not have completed my degree in BCA – Bachelor in Computer Application. After class twelve, when I was not qualified in any of the colleges in Bhutan, I was then sent to Banglore in India for further studies. Since I was interested in database, programming and networking I pursued my course in BCA.

Without them, I would not have been who I am today. I can’t imagine my life without them.
They are the guardian and saviour of my life.

Message to everyone.
Respect your parents while they are still with you. You will miss them once they are gone.

PC: Google