1~ Cousins Unite {Bridgette}

Edited

It's a normal summer day and the halls of Francois Dupont high school is bustling with students.

Because it's Monday and you can't expect less.

Summer break is around the corner and rumors had it that there will be a Summer dance but no one knows if it's true or not.

No one comes late to school when summer is near but the only person who that doesn't apply to is our very own Marinette Dupain-Cheng. It's not hard not to get to school before 8:30 AM, is it?

Marinette's POV
"I'm late!! I'm late!!"

Why didn't Tikki wake me up sooner, I can't be late on a Monday!

Though it's not her fault, it's actually mine. I'm a heavy sleeper.

I dug through my closet to find a clean pair of my normal clothes to wear and put them on after taking a shower and brushing my teeth.

Trust me when I say I have the worst bedhead in the whole of Paris!

I brushed it out and was about to put it in pigtails when I glanced at the clock and it showed '8:40' and I'm already late. I left my hair down but I hope no one notices.

Tikki flies into my bag and I rush downstairs. I said a quick greeting to my parents and grabbed a croissant and headed to school.

I arrived at the school and the hallways are dull and lifeless. How late am I? The faint sound of our homeroom teacher, Mme. Caline Bustier marking attendance can still be heard and she just called Adrien's name and I'm next.

Without warning, I barged into the classroom "Present!!"

The class erupted in silent snickers and I feel my neck heating up out of embarrassment.

"Marinette, why are you late to school. Again?"

"Uhh, bad hair day?" I said awkwardly even though it's not much of a lie. I'm gonna have a bad hair day if I'm not careful. Don't forget who I am, the klutz of the century.

"Go to your seat and please try not to come late again"

I nod and quickly rush to my seat beside Alya to avoid further embarrassment and hide my face behind my bag as the teacher left the class while saying something in the line of 'she needs to get some instructional materials'.

"Girl, what happened to your hair?"

"I woke up 5 minutes ago so how could I have had time to do my hair?" I say with a hint of sarcasm.

"Really? 5 minutes ago? You need to set an earlier time on your alarm clock"

"Won't matter because I'd sleep through it anyway" I deadpanned.

Alya chuckled and I sent her a playful glare. She stopped chuckling to admire my hair with wide eyes.

"Let me guess, I have a twig in my hair?"

She chucked yet again. I hope I don't actually have a twig in my hair, now THAT would be embarrassing.

"Mari, you are too funny but it's not that. How is your hair longer now than when it was in pigtails?"

I thought about it for a moment before replying.

"I honestly don't know"

She started smirking and turns to face where Adrien and Nino are sitting. I wonder what she's doing. No....She wouldn't!!

"It looks like we need the opinion of a male. Don't you think"

My throat ran dry, she wants to ask Adrien!?! I gestured her to stop and gave her pleading eyes but that didn't seem to stop her so I immediately covered my face with my hands, hopefully, he will not notice me and think I'm a different person.