Epilogue

It had been a few days since Lydia was found and brought back home by all four of her parents, the teenager being happier to be back home since. She lay on her bed with her newly gifted magic mirror in her hands. Sure she missed being able to hang out with and see Betelgeuse every day but she still made an effort to call him on the mirror once a day just to see how he was doing.

"Mirror," Lydia spoke calmly and quietly. "Please show me Betelgeuse."

The mirror floated into the air and Lydia sat up on her bed, watching as the image of her best demon friend appeared in its center. Betelgeuse waved at her and smiled. "Great seeing you again, Scarecrow. How long's it been since you last called me on the mirror?

Lydia rolled her eyes. "Beej, it's only been a day."

"Right, right." Betelgeuse laughed and sighed. "It's kinda crowded in here."

"I get it, Bj. It was kinda lonely where I was and I can't believe I had to endure a day and a half without seeing anyone in person. You get what I mean, right?"

"Totally," said Betelgeuse, looking down.

"Betelgeuse, is something wrong?" Lydia cocked her head to the side.

"No. Nothing. Thanks for asking, Lyds."

The call of 'Lydia' from the bottom floor alerted Lydia and she looked sorrowfully up at the mirror and Betelgeuse. "I gotta go, Beej," she said. "I promise you that I'll talk to you again tomorrow."

"That sounds okay. See you tomorrow, Lydia. Bye!"

"Bye,  Betelgeuse." The image of Betelgeuse disappeared from the mirror and it floated down into Lydia's hands. As she put it on her Black vanity and rushed downstairs to see what her parents wanted, she began to think of the future.

After all, how hard could things be without Betelgeuse?