Chapter Nine • Giving Permisson, Finding Lydia, Going Home

"Barbara, are you serious?" said Charles as he confusedly gazed over towards the female ghost. "I think we remember telling you that it would be easier for the four of us to get to Lydia faster by walking all the way there."

"And I know that," replied Barbara. "But Adam and I were talking and we kinda figured that the easiest way to get to Lydia would be teleporting all the way to the farthest reaches of the Netherworld and finding Lydia and bringing her back home."

"Well," said Charles as he turned to Delia and Adam and Barbara joined them. "This is going to take a while to discuss."

"Oh, come on, Charles, it's simple," said Adam. "Barbara and I teleport ourselves and you guys straight to the farthest reaches of the Netherworld and we find Lydia and get her back home safe and sound."

"That sounds like a good plan," said Barbara, turning to her husband. "But didn't Lydia ask us to call her on the mirror this evening?"

"That's right!!!" the other three adults' eyes widened.

"But," said Delia, holding up a hand. "She'll be more happy to see us again in person, dead or alive, than on the mirror."

"So, what do you guys think?" asked Barbara, a hopeful look crossing her face. "Shall we go ahead and teleport straight to Lydia rather than walk the rest of the way there?"

Charles and Delia looked at one another, not knowing what to say. It really was going to be a difficult decision to make. One benefit would be that they'd get Lydia home quicker, they didn't want to walk the rest of the way there. It was tiring and even though they already endured sixteen hours of sleep (They felt like it was more than that, but it was still pretty tiring). In the corner, Adam and Barbara stood and waited for the Deetzes to come up with a decision.

Finally, they did. Turning back to Adam and Barbara, Charles sighed and said, "Okay, we will allow you to teleport us and yourselves straight to Lydia so we can get her home safe. We got super tired from all the walking and even though we need a break, we don't think Now's the time to have one."

"Are you guys hungry?" asked Adam and Barbara at once. The Deetzes nodded.

Both ghosts summoned an apple each for the Deetzes and handed them to them. After Charles and Delia finished up their apples, they huddled close to Adam and Barbara and they quickly teleported themselves and Charles and Delia to the farthest reaches of the Netherworld.

They appeared in front of a door and Adam looked up towards it. "The room of exorcised breathers," he read out loud. He turned to the others. "This is the right room, guys. Shall we go in?" he asked.

"We shall." The others nodded.

Adam pushed open the door and led the other three in. In the corner of the room sat Lydia herself, looking sadly down towards the ground. She looked up when Adam coughed to grab her attention.

"Hey, guys," she said, standing up and walking over, giving each of her parents a much needed hug. "What're you doing here so soon? I was expecting you to call me on your mirror this evening."

"And we would have if we didn't decide to teleport over here as quick as we possibly could, Lydia," said Barbara, ruffling the teenager's hair. Lydia giggled a little.

"And I totally get that," Lydia said. "I think I'm about ready to go home. I don't think I can take any more being in this room."

None of her parents even needed to speak, Adam summoning a piece of chalk and walking over to a wall to draw a door back to the living world and their house. After he was fully finished with it, he turned to the others and smiled, asking, "Ready to go home, guys?"

"Ready!" the other four said at once.

One by one, they thought of home and walked through the door, not even turning back as it closed behind them.