Chapter 7: Food Poisoning (pt. 2)

It was already 6 pm when the others decided to go home. Yena ofcourse, stayed behind to be with Yuri.

"We'll bring you some clothes tomorrow morning before we go to school" Chaeyeon said, patting Yena on the shoulder "If anything goes wrong, contact us okay?" She added.

"No worries Chae, I can handle this" Yena looked at Yuri who is currently sleeping on the bed. Eventhough the doctors told them the there's a little to no amount of arsenic in her system, Yena is still worried for her safety.

"Ya duck, don't worry okay? Yuri is fine" Eunbi assured, Yuri is a strong girl afterall.

"Yeah, you guys take care okay? See you tomorrow" and with that, the group left the couples. Yena dragged a stool and placed it on the bed side of Yuri, she took her phone and read the articles regarding the spiked lemon tarts.

"Arsenic poisoning" she mumbled while reading the headlines. She heard Yuri groned on the bed and she immediately put the phone down to help her girlfriend sit on the bed. She puffed some pillows before placing it behind Yuri to make her comfortable.

"Are you okay? Do you need anything?" Yuri replied with smile, patting Yena on the cheeks "You act as if I died, love. I'm perfectly fine" she replied but she groaned after feeling a slight pain on her tummy. Alarmed, Yena was about to call the doctors when Yuri pulled her back "I'm fine, stay here".

"Are you sure?"

"Yes I am" she replied "By the way, I heard from Kkura unnie that I wasn't the only one who experienced this?".

Yena nodded "Some speculated that somebody may have spiked the lemon tarts. The school reached out for the authorities but ofcourse, our club has a different investigation".

"Nice, sorry I can't really help with the investigation" Yena kissed her forehead making Yuri giggle "Eunbi unnie actually told me that you shouldn't take part of the investigation not until you're okay".

"Anyway, do you want to eat anything?" Yena asked, Yuri thought for awhile "I want to have noodles".

"Okay, wait for me hm?" She pecked on her lips before leaving the room.

***
"So, awhile ago I asked one of the staffs in that stall" Nako said while scanning her notes "It was said that they are home made. They made sure that everything is well prepared and have met the school's standards".

"It's impossible that they spiked that themselves, they've been selling lemon tarts in other schools too" Wonyoung chimed.

"Or maybe, somebody did it" Hyewon said "I mean ofcourse if that's my family business, why would ruin it?".

"Makes sense but, how are we going to find the culprit?" Chaewon asked and everybody fell silent.

"I think there's a cctv camera near the food stalls, Kkura unnie can hack that"

"Oh damn our frog is making sense!" Eunbi said "Unnie! I always make sense!" Minju retorted, making everybody laugh. Yujin just pulled the girl in a tight hug "That's okay Minmin" the younger cooed.

***
Yena reached the store across the hospital. I went to grab a couple of cup noodles, rice balls, and a banana milk for Yuri and a soda for herself.

She went to cashier to pay for the food. She stood behind the man infront of him, the man accidentally bump towards Yena making their items sprawled on the ground.

"I'm sorry" the guy said, he bent down to retrive Yena's items. The duck also picked up her items until she noticed a small bottle filled on her foot, she picked it up and went after the man "Sir, you left this".

Yena saw that the man's eyes went wide before snatching the bottle away from her and scampered out of the store.

"Okay, that's weird".

***
"What the heck were you thinking?! Almost all my classmates were sick!"

"I told you right? Just agree to my plans and everything will be fine".

"This is bullshit!"

"Watch your language! Disrespect me like that again and I will ruin everything!"

---
I was half-asleep when I typed this so sorry for the typos. Imma reread it later once I wake ehe, sorry if it's kinda boring but, it'll get better I promise. Now I'll go back to my igloo since I'm a penguin.

Thank you!

Hitomi stans, still alive? Because I ain't heheheh