Chapter 6 - Irritation

Start from the beginning

Kakashi knew he was more irritable today, he didn't think it was this bad. 

He clicked his tongue, and excused himself. He could feel panic rising in his chest, which was weird, because he shouldn't have any triggers here, unless someone unlocked the sharingan, decided to wear a lollipop mask for fun, or wanted to dress up as either an insane Rabbit Goddess, or Madara Uchiha, he was fine.

Apparently not.

Kakashi didn't know why today was different from any other day, he just figured it was one of his many off days, and ignored it like he usually did. Which clearly hadn't worked as well as he'd hoped. He opened the door to his class where Aizawa was taking a nap, and sat down at his desk.

He was annoyed. Mostly at himself, but also at the mere children who've spent their lives coddled and hand-fed. The only one who he could tolerate was Todoroki. At least that child knew when to mind his own goddamn business.

"Kakashi?" Aizawa's voice broke him out of his thoughts.

"Yes?" Kakashi met his eyes.

"Are you alright?"

"Fantastic." Kakashi grumbled.

"Oh? And why is that?"

Kakashi raised his visible eyebrow at Aizawa, who looked mildly concerned. Probably because he'd never seen Kakashi get angry, or irritated, mostly because he was the one doing the irritating, but still.

Kakashi remained silent, not trusting himself to keep his cool in front of Aizawa, or anyone for that matter. 'One and a half more hours. Just one and a half more hours until I can leave and beat the shit out of a bag of sand.' He reminded himself.

Aizawa didn't press anymore, but he did close the curtains and turn down the lights. The gesture was appreciated by Kakashi, even if he didn't say anything about it.

Kakashi shut his eyes, and calmed himself down. In, out. 'I'm fine.' In, out. 'This is fine.' In, out. 'Everything is 100% fine.'

Kakashi repeated those words in his mind over and over until he managed to slightly calm his ire. He didn't really know why he was so jumpy, he was more relaxed than he ever had been. Nothing had gone wrong today... so far.

"So... wanna tell me why you're ditching class?" Aizawa asked.

"Ah... sorry about that." Kakashi couldn't come up with a viable excuse.

"That doesn't tell me anything."

Kakashi sighed. "I proved the teacher wrong, there was a long silence before I decided that the class would progress more smoothly if I were to leave."

"Why?"

Kakashi knew an attempt to get him to open up when he saw one, and Aizawa wasn't even trying to hide it.

When Kakashi said nothing, Aizawa pressed further. "I'm pretty sure you were in groups of two, heroes and villains, right?" Kakashi nodded. "Were you the villains?" Another nod. Aizawa's eyes widened in understanding, before he let out a laugh. "You didn't scar them too bad, did you?"

"Maa maa, they should be fine, and if they don't get over it, that's on them."

"Right." Aizawa sighed. A comfortable silence fell over them. Kakashi rested his head on the desk. "You should sleep more." Aizawa said.

"It's fine." Kakashi shrugged.

"Really?" Aizawa raised an eyebrow.

"Yup." Kakashi eye-smiled.