Chapter 10: The closure { Bethanny POV }

Start from the beginning

"Aaron!" I shouted. "You...Wait you know, don't you? What did my dad say?"

"He told me everything."

"Great, " I sighed. "Now you think I'm crazy, or that I'm a whore. Let me hear it Aaron, nothing will surprise me. What's your opinion on my mistakes? "

"Honestly," he said. "I think you're strong."

"What?"

"When I first met you, I thought you were trouble. I still do. But Bethanny, that's because you do what you want. You've got this tenacious spirit."

"Ok...so sleeping around and refusing to eat, that's impressive. "

"No," Aaron said. "But you were broken, and you put yourself back together. That's sort of beautiful. "

"Aaron..." I said softly. "So you don't hate me?"

"Never," he said, patting my shoulder.

"You know what, " I said, pushing the labtop back. "Delete Buck's message. I don't need to read it."

Aaron just grinned proudly as he clicked away.

*

*

*

I didn't consider that Aaron the paranoid would want to go down to the pool to gaurd the entrance and exits. He took his job seriously. But of course, my swim suit was a super skimpy bikini. I wasn't a whore though, I usually wore a t shirt until I was in the water. But I like to tan and a bikini worked best for getting some sun in. I pulled my baggy shirt on a shook my hwad. I pulled my hair up and twisted it into a bun.

Out in the hallway, Aaron was waiting. I half expected him to scope put my legs, but no such luck. He was annoyingly genteel and polite. I wondered if he was the kind of guy who asked permission before a kiss. Not that he'd ever kiss me, his much too young and too quirky client. But still, a girl could wonder. We got down to the pool and I smiled. It was a beautiful indoor pool with an adjacent hot tub.

"I'm going to go soak in the hot tub before I swim."

"Ok," Aaron said. "I'll be over here, watching the doors. Luckily, you can't get in without a key card and most of the hotel guests are gone. We should be alone."

"Because you never know," I said. "My stalker could be waiting patiently to drown me in here."

He frowned, annoyed I didn't take it seriously.

"Maybe she's not," Aaron said. "It's not my job to protect you from threats once they happen. It's my job to make sure they don't happen. So maybe I'm excessive but its my duty Beth. "

"Ah," I said. "Here I just thought you wanted to see my awesome backstroke."

"Don't worry," he said. "I'm not a perv. I won't be watching you. As long as we are alone, you're safe."

I nodded and walked over to the hot tub. I looked to see Aaron wasn't watching me, but as he said, he gave me space. I pulled off my shirt and slowly sunk down into the water. Heaven.

I closed my eyes and leaned back, relaxing. Honestly I almost fell alseep it felt so nice. I probably should have done my training first and then gotten in the hot tub.

I heard the sound of Aaron's voice, waking me from my water induced nap. What the heck?

"You should leave," Aaron said.