Chapter 5

Poppy made her announcement, "Trolls, today marks a special occasion: The summer solstice, a.k.a the hottest day of the year. Unfortunately, because Techno Trolls can't get too hot, they will not be joining us for this momentous occasion."

Everyone groaned with disappointment.

But then, Poppy said, "But, not to worry. Tomorrow, when it's not so hot, we will have an after-party where they will, hopefully, join us."

Everyone cheered.

"And now, to start the festivities, we have a great music selection and tonight, we will end the festivities with a fireworks show."

Branch was finishing setting up the fireworks.

Poppy finished, "And now, for the first song of the day, here's Queen Barb and Riff!"

Everyone cheered as they played 'Summer Breeze'.

But, Poppy noticed DJ all alone.

She went to her, "DJ, why aren't you partying?"

DJ was fiddling with the dolphin pendant Trollex gave her.

Poppy then knew the answer, "DJ, it's only gonna be today. He'll join us tomorrow when it's not so hot."

But, DJ responded, "It's not just that. We want to be together more than ever, but I can't stay under the water and Trollex can't stay out of the water."

Poppy reassured her, "I'm sure things will turn out ok for you two."

DJ smiled.

***

Poppy then went to Branch, "Hey, Branch, are the fireworks ready?"

Branch answered, "I think so. Better give it a test run though."

Branch lit one up and the test firework went up...a little too high, actually.

It went so high, it went up into the sun.

Branch said, "Maybe less potassium nitrate?"

Poppy said, "I don't know what that means, but ok."

However, the firework actually did go to the sun.

And once it got there, it exploded when it touched the surface.

And that caused the sun to release a solar flare unlike any other.

While the Trolls were partying, they noticed a couple of things were off.

When Cooper tried to drink punch, the punch in the cup quickly dried up.

"I didn't know the heat liked punch! Ha-ha-ha!"

Biggie said, "I've never sweated so much. How about you, Mr. Dinkles?"

"Meep."

"You're right, Mr. Dinkles. This heat is dreadful."

King Quincy said to the other leaders, "How about we instead make this a lagoon party? You know, to help with the heat?"

Branch said, "Good idea and I'll start coming up with ways to keep cool."

Poppy said, "Ok. To the lagoon!"

Everyone cheered and got in their swimsuits and immediately went to the lagoon.

But, the heat was a bigger problem than they thought.

***

In Techno Reef, Trollex was looking at a scrapbook full of photos of him and DJ.

The photos from each other's birthday party.

The photos of them DJing together or just having fun at a party together.

There was even one where DJ helped nurse Trollex when he folded one of his fins.

As he looked at each photo, he only got more disappointed that they couldn't be together the way they want to.

TBDB noticed and said, "It's not like you can never see her again."

Trollex responded, "Yeah, but it might as well be that way."

TBDB said with a tough tone, "Now, just a second there! That does not sound anything like the King Trollex I know! The Trollex I know never gives up. He would always find a way to make things alright."

Trollex smiled.

Just then, Bliss Marina came to them, "Your Majesty! We've got a problem!"

Trollex and TBDB looked at each other with concern and followed Bliss.