"We have spits?" I chuckle. "What did you think? Doing our stick breath with dirty branches from the jungle?" Lily laughs and shakes her head while closing the door of the fridge again. I lift my hands in defends and snort.

"So since we've got some people to be vegetarians I suggest we do a little mixture with both meat and vegetables." Vanessa says while getting herself some foods to cut. "Meat eaters." I playfully say while rolling my eyes. "Yeah, horrible those people." Lily joins me and scoffs.

"Sorry for eating healthy proteins you guys." Vanessa rolls her eyes too and hands the both of us a breadboard. We giggle but take the boards to cut some vegetables like tomatoes, aubergines or paprika. Grilled vegetables literally are heaven.

"How far is the fire by the way?" Lily asks me as she takes a few tomatoes and cutes them into slices. "Looked good when I was there. I think they should be done by now." I shrug.

"They do be done by now." I hear Johnny's voice from the nowhere and lift my gaze to meet his eyes, staring into my direction. I smile at the sight of him.

"Nice to hear." Lily comments and takes another couple of tomatoes. "Can I help with anything?" Johnny offers sweetly and Vanessa tells him to take some things outside. I pout a little when he leaves the kitchen again.

Do you remember this feeling you used to get in kindergarten or basic school when some teacher talked or did something only with you, and you'd feel like the luckiest kid ever. Like when you had all of their attention and you couldn't speak straight because you were so excited and your heart literally beat in the back of your damn throat.

Johnny has the exact same effect on me.

Lily and I finish impaling the meat and vegetables on the several spits Vanessa has given us, while she and the boys walk in and out to bring all of the stuff outside to the fire.

Having everything done, we walk outside too and join the others along the fire. Five chairs are already set in a circle around the flames. I sit down on one of them to face the ocean and cross my legs.

I lean myself back and take a deep breath, smelling both the fire and salty scent of the ocean. I truly love the smell of fire though. Lily sits right next to me and just as I secretly hoped Johnny sat down on the other side of me. We exchange a brief look and when I gaze down to blush as always. I can't help but smile at how sweet he looks at me.

Though I turn my head to look back at him as Johnny starts circling his shoulders and a quiet yet noticeable, painful groan escapes his lips. "What's wrong?" I ask.

He seems to be surprised that someone has heard him but smiles adorably as we make eye contact. Why, just why?
"I feel like I have little muscle ache." He tells me, "from yesterday.".

I grin slightly and nod my head at his assessment. Vanessa really did torture us yesterday, unbelievable. "My legs hurt too. I'm not used to so much running." I laugh rather sad than enjoyably.

"Maybe we should do something chilly tomorrow." I think out loud as my eyes sort of just roam the flames in front of us, lighting our faces in orange.

"What'd you mean by something chilly?" Lily asks as she slightly leans her head back and mindlessly nibbles on her lower lip, biting its skin.

"What about some yoga? It's more of a  stretching session. Comfortable and you still sort of workout." I suggest and shrug my shoulders as I'm looking around.

"Sort of?" Vanessa chuckles, "it can get pretty exhausting if that's what you were aiming for. But sure, I'm in.".

"Me and Jackie too." Lily says and bends forward to rest her elbows on her knees.

"Excuse me? Who said I'd like to sprain my foot or somethin'. On top of that with you guys." Jack butts into the conversation and looks at his sister as if she'd have betrayed him or so.

He ends up agreeing anyway and Johnny pleasantly spoke up to join us as well. I don't even know why I suggested it when I'm really not that good in yoga myself but I guess it'll be fine to do it together.

"Could you pass me the butter?" I say to Lily as I'm chewing a piece of my stick bread. Jack ends up handing it to me and smile in return as a thank you. My gaze moves to look at Johnny who currently talks to Vanessa about some stuff I didn't really listen to. He looks so beautiful with the warm light of the fire illuminating his face. His brown eyes move slightly as he desperately looks at Vanessa and his lips part when she says something that apparently could make him smile. His smile is the prettiest

As I was looking at them, I began to think about what it'd be like if these two would come back together. Not a single person on this planet can deny that these two had the most beautiful and true relationship. One you could look up to. And they still get along with each other so well, I mean chemistry like that can't just fade, right?

So what am I expecting? Him to chose me over the love of his life? I'd rather doubt that.

Sighing, I swallow the last piece of stick bread with butter I'd have left and run a hand through my hair. Thoughts are something dangerous, they're currently messing too much with me.

"Is anyone up for a game or something?" Jack asks and before I could even open my mouth, he adds "something that is not Monopoly!".

I pout and cross my arms over my chest, acting offended. I don't even know why he hates that game so much. "What else do you suggest?" I mockingly ask.

"Alright imma shut up if you're not interested." He sighs and rolls his eyes. Giggling, I shrug my shoulders and finish my drink as I'm taking a look at my watch. Not gonna lie, there's a slim streak on my wrist that's not tanned because I wear my watch that often.
(A/n: anyone struggling with that too?)

"I feel like I should go get some sleep. All of you should too! I want to see y'all tomorrow at 7 am, ready to stretch." I smirk as I'm raising from my chair. I sure did expect those painful looks that came across everyone's face so I can't help but widen my smirk.

It seems like I had convinced everyone though, since we got everything packed again and Vanessa and her kids carried everything inside again. I'm sure we'll clean this mess tomorrow.

Johnny and I stayed outside to carry the chairs back to the little shed that's like right behind the mansion. After that we walked back to our bonfire-spot and extinguished the fire. I took a deep breath as the smoke starts flowing above and away just because I love the smell of fire way too much. I wouldn't even bother if my house caught fire. Well, little would I.

"Are you, like, really fine with doing yoga tomorrow?" I very randomly ask as we're making our way inside again.

"Hey," he starts with a small smile on his face while opening the door so I could enter the building again even before him, "everything's better than Vanessa's insane workout plan, right?".

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

Idek I hope some of you still enjoy this story. It's pretty cute but I barely find any time to write and I am soso sorry for that. Anyways, have a good day/night !! 🌤

thank you so much for reading!

Please vote & comment what you think!