The Picnic

LIZZYS POV

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

Day 7

"Morning." I quietly hear Lily mumbling underneath her blankets before she slowly sits up, stretches and rubs the sleep out of her eyes. She's the cutest when waking up.

"Good morning." I reply and put my book back on our nightstand. "You're already awake?" she asked as she puts her messy hair into a bun and smacks a little. I simply nod my head as an answer and move my blankets away so I can stand up. "Why?".

"I couldn't sleep. I don't know. I woke up at around 4 am and started reading." I tell her as I shamble to our bathroom. "You want to take a shower?" I ask. She shakes her head no and I nod a little before I block the door and jump under the shower. I gasp when the cold water runs down my spine. "At least I'm fully awake now." I mumble under my breath, not really joyfully and wash my hair and body.

I make sure to hurry up since my stomach is already grumbling and asking for food. I put on some lotion after drying myself with a towel and sigh as I remember that I didn't get myself anything to wear.

I wrap the towel around my body again and walk out the bathroom to our closet to pick a light blue dress that almost reaches to my knees to wear. I tell Lily to turn around while getting dressed and throw the towel back in our bathroom.

"Not in a good mood huh." Lily giggles quietly and I give her a glare before I put on some mascara. 'No, surprisingly not.' I think to myself.

I do wait for Lily to finish her make up as well before we walk downstairs in the kitchen where the table is already set and Vanessa enjoys her breakfast. "Good morning you two." she greets us with a warm smile on her face.

I sigh a little and sit down, grabbing myself a bread roll which I don't even bother to cut, I just start eating. And that feels amazing. Man I was hungry.
"Honey is everything alright?" Vanessa asks but Lily stops her "she had a bad sleep.".

"Alright, eat something first then." Vanessa nods and smiles at her daughter. "But don't eat too much, your dad and I figured we could go for a picnic after breakfast.".

"Why would we eat breakfast then?" Lily questions and asks me to hand her the honey. I pass it to her and listen to what Vanessa's responding, "we'll walk a little so you kids do need some energy. Just eat a little and then please help me to prepare the food.".

Lily and I nod our heads yes. Vanessa then disappears in the hallway to go upstairs and wake the boys. "Want me to make you a hot chocolate?" Lily asks while rubbing my upper back. A little smile appears on my face when I certainly nod my head yes "God, you'd be such a princess.". She winks at me.

"Morning sunshine." Jack sings when he enters the kitchen and smiles widely at the sight of already prepared breakfast. Johnny and Vanessa join us only a few seconds after. "Why are you so happy?" I ask Jack. "Yeah, did you have an erotic call again last night?" Lily asks and we both start giggling.

"Just keep laughing that way, you would explode when I told you who it is." Jack grins, not even seeming to be bothered by us anymore. "I swear to god it is Nina." Lily gasps and I nod my head. "You could tell us if it's Nina, duh, there's no way we would not support the heck out of you two." I scoff and hand him a slice of baguette.

Jack chuckles and wiggles with his eyebrows. Thanks Jack, now what am I supposed to think of that?

"Here you go, baby." Lily says while handing me a cup of hot chocolate. I smile widely and blow a little at it so I can drink. "Thank you so much!" I thank her and carefully take a sip.