The Departure

LIZZYS POV

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

Day 32

It's early in the morning when shoot out of my sleep and sit up straight in my bed. My skin is covered with sweat and my chest goes hectically up and down as I breathe heavy. My face turns around to Lily's bed. She's already looking back at me with big eyes yet an emotionless look on her face. "We're leaving you know. You'll never see him again." She says monotonously. Her eyes seem dark and her lips are pressed to a thin line. Without any other words Lily quietly lays down on her back again. She looks up to ghe ceiling with her hands folded on her chest.

I blink a few times before finally jumping off my bed and running outside on the floor. In no time I make it to Johnny's room and hardly punch my fists against the door. There's no noice to hear so I just open the door to enter. Tears welled up in my eyes and somehow I panick even more than relax.

As I'm inside I spot Johnny comfortably laying underneath his bedsheets. He's still asleep. Without consideration that I'd be the reason to end a maybe beautiful dream of his I crawl on his bed and gently shake his shoulder. Johnny's eyes slowly open but once he seemed to recognize me he lifts his head. "Hey.. you alright?" He whispers.

"I need to tell you something." I tell him and grab his hand. I hold it tightly and can already feel teardrops running down my cheeks. This hurts so bad. "Johnny I'm in love with you. And I don't want to lose you, I don't. I can't! What am I gonna do? Eat ice cream all day and cry my eyes out underneath my bedsheets?" I whimper.

He's come to sit up straight too and now carefully pulls me to his chest. "I know Lily has forgiven me just hours ago but I don't know how to handle my emotions. I'm helpless I don't want this to end!" I just spat out my feelings like it would be the most normal thing to do.

I told him how much he meant to me and how angry I am at Lily for commanding us to break up. That on the other hand she is one of the most important humans in my life and I'd do anything for her and her trust. And that it's totally understandable how she's been acting lately. I just prattled and prattled until I couldn't speak anymore.

My voice breaks at the attempt to say something yet again. So I just shut up and cry. Tears went down my face like a waterfall. There's just too much inside me I didn't let out. I didn't want to let out.

I sniffle and grab into Johnny's shirt as my cries slowly but surely get quieter with the time. He's been staying quiet. He just kept on listening to me and letting me cry. It's all I wanted him to do to be honest. His hand went up and down my back to comfort me.

Then after another few minutes he softly spoke up again. "Do you see the sun coming up?" He whispers. I wipe away a few tears under my eyes before opening them. Turning my head a little I face the huge window and spot the sunrise. A light yellow ball coming up from underneath the horizon. "I do.".
"It's beautiful, isn't it?". I nod my head yes.

"You see, there's always going to be people who will try to convince you that sunsets are prettier than sunrises. For them it's right. Because that is how they feel. For me and other people it'll never be right. Because that is how I feel." Johnny says to me. His hand found a way to the back of my head. "There's always going to be differences in our feelings and opinions. Always. And the way to live with that is to accept what others feel and think. Some will always try to convince you to change your mind. Your job to do is to stay with your very own opinion. Even if that means you'll pretend to have chosen another way to make annoying fellows stay away from you. What really is important is that you stay true to yourself." He explains.