Kneel. Just Kneel.

"In the Name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, Amen!"

"Amen"

The sound of the final prayer signals the end of Church, and the congregation rises and prepares to leave. But you don't plan on leaving. Not yet.

Church had always been a bore. Sundays were the worst part of the week, and it wasn't unusual for you to fake being ill, just to miss a week of being bored to death.

That was until a new priest arrived earlier this week. A priest who couldn't be more different to the previous priest, who was probably old enough to have seen the birth of Jesus. Father Taylor was something wonderfully new.

All week long, people had been talking about him. It was only today when you finally caught a glimpse of him. And he is everything and more than people described.

"It was a lovely service Father," your mother gushes, dropping a few pennies into the collection plate. The hand holding said plate almost makes you drool. Surely it isn't legal for priests to be this young and hot, you think! John Taylor is no ordinary priest.

"Thank you Mrs Y/L/N!" He shakes her hand, then looks at you.
"And you must be Y/N? It's nice to meet you finally." The feeling of his hand on yours as he shakes it almost sends you into a cardiac arrest. You're not even sure if you can get words out.

"It's lovely to meet you too, Father." John smiles at you, not breaking eye contact.

"Y/N was hoping to make a confession" your stupid mother tells him, and your eyes nearly pop out your head.

You'd often confessed to the old priest but how on Earth could you confess to him?

"Well, the church is booked for most of the day. Why don't you come back later Y/N? I'll be here, so come whenever you're ready."

"Lovely. She'll see you later then, Father."

You walk away in a daze, your mother ahead of you. As you turn back, you notice he's looking at you still. Oh this must be a sin!

Closing the front door, you make your way down the pathway to the garden gate. It's 5pm, and after much worrying, you're on the way to the church.

"Hello Y/N!" The Priest greets you as you enter the church.

"Hello Father John. How's your day been?" You engage in boring pleasantries, before he finally asks,

"Would you like to enter the confessional?"

The words get stuck in your throat, so you just nod.

Once inside the booth, you make the sign of the cross, like you always do, "Bless me, Father, for I have sinned."

"When did you last confess?"

"I'm not much of a willing church-goer to be honest with you, Father. A year ago, perhaps."

"Well, honesty is key here," he laughs, the sound reverberating around you
.
"Mmm, indeed."

"Well, it's glad to see you so willing." You can't even think of a reply; your entire body is going crazy.

"So, would you like to begin, Y/N?"