Prologue

Hey reader. I see you're still here. Do I seem crazy yet? If I do, then hang on to your hats because I'm about to seem crazier. During the two years I've been looking for Alister, two factions have formed. One I lead, which is mostly members from the Organization and others are humans who follow our beliefs to fix this fucking mess. The other faction is called New World Order. They want to find a way to get along with The Unknown. They're humans who feel sorry for The Unknown and want to live in a world we all get along. Fucking ridiculous if you ask me. And that's just in Brightly.

Other places were turned into something out of a zombie apocalypse movie. People from the Organization set up camps across the world to protect those who are left but that's maybe only several thousand across the globe.

On top of that, I had to wait nine months before I could start my search. A certain servant refused to let me do anything during those nine months. Why? I think you can easily figure it out. I was pregnant with a set of twins that look very much like their father. I was only allowed to leave during my first month to gather baby things. Thankfully I got plenty before the damn New World Order came and wiped out almost every store across the damn state. The idiots didn't go for the weapons or houses where the families were killed. It's wrong to take another's things, but right now we don't have much choice.

Maya and Alex came into the world healthy and screaming with the reddest of hair that they got from their father, that instantly became my new favorite color. Giving birth to them was one of the hardest things to do. Thankfully I had Maple's help but during that time, I really wished I had Alister. He missed the first two years of their life, but I at least recorded their milestones for him to see when he gets home.

Getting to him was the problem though. He is past the veil. Being held in Lucifer's mansion. The mansion is damn near impenetrable. I have tried countless times to get to them and ended up severely injured every time. Today is the day though. I can feel it.

It took months of killing, investigating, and interrogating to get the information I needed. Finding the reversal ceremony was easy. It was buried in the archives, written in a language I couldn't understand, but Drac had books that helped me decipher it. It was just a matter of timing. And getting the guys out.

That was the biggest issue. Lucifer's mansion was surrounded in thick forest all around. Filled with beasts that have gotten to know my scent and taste of my blood very well. I carry some pretty wicked scars on my back from one of them. Of course, I haven't gotten close enough to the mansion itself for Alister to conntect with me. Lucifer also has the crappiest guards too since they haven't caught on to me. They're in for the surprise of a lifetime though, because now, I have everything I need to get them out. Wish me luck.