I process his words and there's a lot I want to say in return but bite my tongue. He's right, it's not like I'm hiding the fact that he's my husband because my name is enough proof and so are the rings on my finger. But I just don't want people to assume the worst about how I got the internship.

"You've got to be more confident about who you are, Lillian. You know how you got the internship, people are always going to say shit." He tells me and I offer him a small smile, knowing he's absolutely right.

I close the distance between us as I kiss him, my nerves calming immediately as his hand cups my cheek, kissing me again. I place a peck on the stubble on his jaw. "Thank you."

"Always, love. C'mon now." He takes my hand in his as we make our way out of the apartment.

When we reach the basement, James leads me to our parking space where there's a woman dressed in black suit as she stands by his Audi. Her expressions remain blank as we approach the car and James turns to her.

"Reece, this is my wife, Lillian." He introduces and the surprise hits me as I process the information.

"Mrs. Clark." She nods at me and I offer her a small smile.

Her dark hair are in a tight ponytail as she opens the door for me and I notice the dimples digging in her cheeks. I turn to James who walks by the other side and slides in the seat. I silently settle myself in the back.

"Clark Enterprise, Reece." James instructs and she nods before driving out of the parking space.

James's hand meets mine as he intertwines our fingers together and brings my hand up to place a peck on my knuckles. "Are you excited?"

I think about his question for a minute before shrugging, "More nervous. I don't want to screw this up."

"You won't." He tells me confidently and his trust in me just feels like another expectation that I have to keep up with.

I have been feeling the anxiety for my first day since the moment I woke up but I haven't tried to make it obvious. I sigh, looking in front to see Reece, still processing that James hired a woman. It actually makes me kind of happy, for some weird reason, to see that he isn't biased.

"I have a lunch meeting today otherwise we could've eaten together." He informs me and I offer him a small smile.

"That's alright, I'm not planning to get fired on first day."

"You tell me if someone gives you a hard time." I roll my eyes in response which makes him give me a look. "I'm serious, Lillian."

"Yes, okay!"

James has been super cautious about things ever since the entire Richard thing happened so I assure him. I know how restless he can get when it comes to my safety so I give him a small smile.

It takes us another ten minutes to reach and James gives me a quick rundown of his schedule for the day regarding his meetings that I try to keep up with. Reece parks the car in front of Clark Enterprise and opens my door. I quickly thank her to which she nods.

"You'll probably get free by five, you can leave if I'm not free by that time." James takes my hand in his as we step inside the building and the woman at front desk stands up to greet him and he nods in return.

We move to the elevator and Hale is already waiting there. He looks surprised to see me but then he must realise that I'm joining from today which makes him grin.

"Morning, Lil." He gives me a quick side hug which I return. His eyes linger on James, "I hope your wife doesn't keep you distracted now."

"Mm, my wife is joining today, who has been keeping you distracted these days?" James shoots back, making me snicker as Hale scowls at him. As we step in the elevator which is empty, he narrows his eyes at him. "Tell Alex I said hello."