9: im happy for you

"I can't tell you enough how much Ro and I needed a mommy baby play date with someone," Jenna laughed, setting Rosie down in the high chair at our outside table.
"I could say the same thing," I laughed, giving Winter his kids water from the restaurant. "With all this going on, I needed a break from the family."
"How are you holding up by the way?" she asked, looking up from her menu at me.
"It comes in waves, y'know?" I asked. "Like, I'm fine just hanging out with my siblings and then there is always a news story or someone tagging me in something that reminds me of it all and my heart just sinks all over again."
"I wish Ty and I could do something," she said. "I always had my go-to sayings to my girlfriends when they got cheated on or broken up with, but I don't have anything for when your husband lied about having a baby with someone else."
"Like the fans are attacking me right now because they're saying 'oh that was before your relationship and the crash' blah, blah, blah. But-he knee the truth well after everything. And the constant lying over years makes me wonder what else he's been hiding."
"Has he been acting weird lately? Like before you guys left for tour?"
"I mean, he would come home late because of tour prep and the album but nothing too out of the ordinary," I said, sipping on my coffee mug. "I guess him going to spend time with Natalie and the baby was when he would be in "serious recording modes" on weekends."
"That's so messed up," Jenna said, setting down her mug in anger. "Ryan seemed like a good guy too."
"He is one," I said, the picture in my brain of Ryan's big smile and warm eyes. "I mean I miss him so much. I just don't think I can look at him the same right now."
    "Fully understandable," she said, clicking on her phone. "I mean to lie to your pregnant wife-oh my god."
     "What?" I said, looking up at her from Winter. "Whats wrong?"
     My phone dinged with a Twitter notification and a TMZ article showing on the preview.
     "Ryan Metzger's wife spotted leaving Columbus Airport with, what looks like, new beau Matthew Johnson with son in arms a day after the baby scandal hit the air." Jenna said, reading off the same headline I was reading.
"Oh god," I said, clicking as fast as I could on the article. Hundreds of tags on Instagram and twitter flooded my notification bar on my phone as I read the article. "The two shared a passionate kiss before parting ways in separate cars? Johnson escorting Pearson-Metzger out of the airport while husband Ryan Metzger was cancelling the tour to travel to L.A. to be with the mother of his child, Natalie Woodsman."
     "This is ridiculous," Jenna said, punching in the numbers on her phone. "I'm calling TMZ."

    "Oh my god," I said, letting my phone drop from my hand. The fact that TMZ said something about a kiss, the fact that Ryan is back in L.A., the articles, the fans...

Taking into account the nature of how massive this story is, I don't think the marriage will last

And coming up here after the break, even more news on AJR's music mastermind Ryan Metzger and the whole timeline of events

I never liked Lauren anyway, I knew she would hurt Ryan some way or another

Lauren Pearson found cheating on husband Ryan Metzger while he is away in L.A. lounging with mistress Natalie Woodsman

"Lauren? Are you okay?" Jenna asked, lifting up a bit from her seat.
    "I'm fine," I said, my words slurring. My vision became spotty as I looked down the street, seeing cameras coming from the distance. "I'm-"
_______________________________
     I blinked my eyes open, the bright fluorescent lights blinding me as I did. My first thought was Winter.
    "Woah now, Mrs. Metzger, you may still feel a bit dizzy at first, you need to take it slow," a doctor said, pressing lightly on my shoulders.
     "Where's my son?" I asked, looking around the small ER room.
     "He is in the waiting room with your friend," she said, going back to the charts in her hands. "You seemed to have passed out at lunch we just want to make sure you're all good."
     "Oh my god," I said, my stomach cramping slightly. "Please tell me my baby is alright."
     "She's perfectly healthy, Mrs. Metzger nothing to worry about," she said, putting the chart away.
     "She?" I asked, popping up from the exam table. "She?"
      "Oh my goodness did I spoil it?" The doctor said, stopping in her tracks.
      "It's okay," I said. "It's the only good news I've had in a long time."
     "I do apologize Mrs. Metzger," she said. "Let me look at your labs and we will clear you for discharge."
     I leaned back onto the table, staring back up at the ceiling. I couldn't stop thinking of Ryan. He should have been here to know about the baby. He should be here to visit with family. He should be here with me and I should be there with him.
***
  Winter and I landed in New York a few days later. Ryan and I hadn't called each other since the first night in Columbus. Landing in New York felt like coming home after being out in the cold for so long. It was comforting but I could feel a pit in my stomach growing.
    Jess and Jack stood at the gate waiting to pick Winter and I up and take us back to the house uptown. Seeing her after a while made me miss her smile, but it still felt different.
    "Hey you," she said quietly, pulling me into a long hug. "How are you doing?"
     "I've been better," I said, letting out a sigh into her back. "I'll be honest I'm just ready to be at my own home."
     "I know how you feel," Jack said. "We just got back into the city a day or so ago and we are still on the bus until tonight."
     "How is he?" I asked quietly, giving Winter to Jess.
      "To be honest Lo, I have no idea," he said, shrugging his shoulders with his hands in his pockets. "After we announced the rest of the tour being postponed, he up and left for L.A.  I think he's back in the city now, but he wasn't at the house when we drove past it to check earlier."
     I felt my heart sink as Jack talked, feeling Ryan growing farther and farther away from me. Something caught my eye as Jess stood there, holding Winnie.
     "What's on your ring finger?" I asked, smiling big.
      "Surprise," she laughed, holding out her hand. "We wanted to wait to tell you about it after all of this blew over."
     "You guys," I said, holding her hand to look at the ring. "I'm so happy for you guys."
     "Let's get you and Winter home," Jess smiled, brushing back a piece of my hair in my face. I smiled with her and we all headed towards the exit.
**
    I unlocked the door to the house, feeling the emptiness of it as I opened it. Even though the house was exactly as we left it that morning we left for tour, it felt different and cold. The pictures of Ryan, Winter, and I covered the walls. The smiles I missed so much.
    "Let's get you to bed sweetie," I whispered to Winter as Jack and Jess's headlights went down the long driveway to the main road. I walked him upstairs, laying him in his crib him passing out within minutes.
    I let out a sigh as I made my way down to the kitchen, making myself a cup of coffee. Something caught my eye on the dining room table where Ryan usually sat at dinner.
    I went to the table and picked up the pieces of papers neatly stacked at his seat. The headline at the top stopping my heart.

DIVORCE AGREEMENT

-Pls don't be mad just wait