The First School Broadcast

"Okay, time to get down to business," said Byakuya.
"There is no time to stand around making friends like a bunch of dull-eyed baboons."

"Oh, that's true," I replied.
"I think someone said something about a bigger problem or something? What was that about?"

"Well, you see..." Sayaka started.
"Makoto, you said a bunch of stuff happened, and then you were 'just asleep', right? Well... the same is true for all of us." 

"What? Seriously?!" I asked, shocked.

"Just after each of us got to the main hall, we lost consciousness," Leon stated.
"And when we came to, we were somewhere here in the school, and we were the opposite gender! That's what happened to you, right?"

"B-But... that's just weird!" I exclaimed.
"That every one of us would get knocked out like that..."

"Exactly!" Mondo yelled.
"That's why we're all freakin' out!"

Taka puts out a hand as to say, "Calm down, Mondo" before contributing her bit to the conversation.
"And that's not the only thing. You saw where all the windows in the classes and hallways were, right? But instead of normal glass windows, it was a bunch of big metal plates! What's that about?!"

"Plus, all my stuff's missing!" Junko added.
"Even my cell phone..."

Chihiro nods.
"Yeah, you're right. I haven't seen my PDA anywhere either..."

"And then there's the main hall," Taka continued.
"The front exit is completely blocked by some giant metal hatch. But there wasn't anything like that when I first got here...! What the heck?! What's it doing there?!"

"Maybe we got caught up in some kinda, like, you know, crime or something?" Junko suggested.

Leon frowned a bit.
"What, like... a kidnapping? You think maybe someone grabbed us and hauled us off, and we're not actually at school?"

"Come on, don't think like that," Hiro said.
"Cheer up! I bet this is all part of the school's orientation procedure."

Then she became more confident.
"Yeah, I'm sure that's it! So I'm just gonna take it easy for a little bit."

"Oh... so you think they wanted to do something to surprise us?" Chihiro asked.

"Huh," Leon said.
"Well, if that's all it is, it's naptime for me. I was up way too late last night, so I could use a little shuteye."

I could feel everyone's tension evaporating.
But then... it began.

We heard something that sounded like a school bell, and a screen lit up in front of us. First, there was a little static, then a shadow of something that looked like a bear showed up on the screen.

"Ahem! Ahem! Testing, testing!" the person behind the screen said in a somewhat shrill voice.
"Mic check, one, two! This is a test of the school broadcast system! Am I on? Can everyone hear me? Okay, well, then...!"

The voice seemed totally out of place. It was so playful, so completely unconcerned. I couldn't help but feel a deep, unnerving dread at the sound of it. It was like hearing someone laugh at the scene of an accident.

The voice then continued speaking.
"Ahh, to all incoming students! I would like to begin the entrance ceremony at... right now! Please make your way to the gymnasium at your earliest convenience. That's all. I'll be waiting!"

The screen went black, and I saw Junko's face fall.
"What. the. hell was that just now?"

"Well, then, if you'll excuse me..." Byakuya said, turning to leave.