2)The Light in the Dark

Annabeth's POV-

I trudged along the dangerous, monster filled grounds behind Bob who was carrying an unconscious Percy over his shoulder, his head flopping against Bob's back. The sight of Percy like this made my stomach twist painfully, but Bob told me there was a "nice giant", if such a thing existed, who would let Percy and I rest until Percy was better, or so he said.

Monsters were slowly becoming more and more aware of our presence here and were coming after us, so Percy better had get better quick because we'd probably have to leave at dawn, whenever that was. Time was difficult in Tartarus, as Bob kept saying.
"We are here." Bob's voice shook me from my train of thought as he stopped in front of a little hut, big enough for a small(ish) giant.

..............

Once we entered the giant, Daemon's, house and he fed us some of his drakon soup Bob took me and placed me in the bed next to Percy. Small Bob jumped up on the bed rubbing his sent against my legs. I turned over to look at my sleeping boyfriend. He looked so peaceful, but the reality of that was very unlikely. Demigods' sleep was often riddled with dreams full of terror that showed us the very unfortunate future. I reached my hand out and tucked a lock of his dark hair behind his ear.
I could feel my eyes drooping shut, so I shuffled forward and rested my head on Percy's chest. I felt his arm, subconsciously, drape around my waist. And just before the wave of sleep overtook me, I heard Percy mutter something in his sleeping state, something that was almost incoherent. Almost. He pulled me closer and mumbled the words,"I love you, Annabeth." A small smile spread over my face, as I made a mental note to thank every god (excluding Hera) that Percy was here with me now. And with that final thought, sleep washed over me.