"Ky," she took a breath of courage, "I'm pregnant."

---

There was no answer from Kylo, only a blank stare. The concept of him having an heir, a child, was something he never thought would happen. It seemed impossible. As if the universe would punish him even more by not allowing him that privilege. But there it was, that sentence that could change it all. "A-are you sure?" He couldn't remember the last time the two shared a bed.

"The last time I bled was back on the Supremacy." There was no sign of emotion in her voice, she didn't know if she was happy or not.

"That's," Kylo did the quick math in his head, just like Ree had done, "more than two months ago." She nodded in response. "But wh-when was the last time we," he trailed off, not really wanting to admit that it had been so long ago that he couldn't even remember.

"Just before the broadcast," Keelor answered. She remembered how happy they had been that night. And it all changed because of that damned Emperor. "Do you want me to keep it?" It was a hard question, a question that literally entailed deciding over life and death.

"I," Ky started trailing around the room. He passed the control board but then he passed the helmet of Darth Vader, stopping in his tracks. He looked down at the mask. This child was going to be the great-grandchild of Lord Vader. The power in the bloodline, he couldn't turn down such an opportunity. He turned back to Ree who never left the doorway. "Yes. I do." He walked closer to her but stopped before getting too close, he wanted her to meet him halfway, "do you?"

"Well," Ree hadn't found her answer to the question yet. It had been less than a minute that she had come to the realization. On one hand, Ren had been an asshole lately, ever since he became the Supreme Leader. Would she want a baby with that man? But then, she remembered all the good times, the pillow talk, the training. Maybe this could end the dark circular path and make it go forward instead. She gathered herself for the final answer, "yes, I want to keep it." He breathed out in relief. He expected her to close the final distance between them but she didn't. But he couldn't care about that, he was going to be a father and he really needed to hug the mother of his child. 

The strong arms of Kylo Ren wrapped around Ree's body. Her arms that had been crossed over her chest were now squeezed in place between hers and Kylo's chest. She couldn't hug back but Ky didn't seem to notice or care. He showered her with affection. Maybe this was for the best, Ree thought. Because it was so much more practical to be at peace and pregnant with the Supreme Leader's child than square off with him and still be pregnant with the Supreme Leader's child.

---

Everything could be turned into ones and zeros. Even emotions. Simulations had gotten so far, droids seemed sometimes even more humane than humanity itself. So why shouldn't a program be able to detect the Force in the universe? You could read it from a blood sample, it shouldn't be that hard to come up with a program that read levels of Force activity. Just like Force-sensitive people could feel a disturbance, like someone dying, at the other side of the galaxy, a computer should be able to detect anomalies in the otherwise stable rhythm of the Force. That was Ree's hypothesis. The very reason she sat crouched over a small computer into the late night.

Kylo was sound asleep in their bedroom, Keelor had taken up the desk space in the living area to not to wake him with the bright light of the screen. The computer was in a black carry-on case, the screen being smaller than a regular piece of paper. But size didn't matter in that case, what mattered was the content of the carry-on. The background of the screen was black with blue-tinted text running down the screen on its own. Her trained eyes, quickly scanned the text that had in the next moment had rolled away and been replaced with new data. She searched for a wrong comma, a miscalculated equation, anything that could prove fatal to the programming.