Chapter fourteen - An important discovery in Skeleton Coast.

The brothers didn't linger in Walvis Bay but flew north towards Skeleton Coast.
Stopping for a little time at Swakopmund north of Walvis Bay to eat and rest a little.
They got to Skeleton Coast late in the afternoon, after flying a mile from the shore above the Atlantic Ocean, which was restless.
The first thing was to fly above the place to see if somebody was there.
They saw that no one disturbed the place.
Knowing that there were some animals in Namibia like the spotted hyena who can come in the evening,
they decided to make their camp a little higher between two high dunes.
Gathering some dry brushwood and making a small fire which was surrounded by a circle of stones.
The fire warmed them from the chilling air and protected them from wild animals.
From time to time they heard mysterious sounds that made them uncomfortable.
They made a shift of four hours each.
When it came to be Paul's turn at two o'clock, he thought he saw a hyena.
His scream awoke Din, who checked quickly, seeing nothing went to sleep again angrily.
The morning came; the brothers were exhausted after their interrupted sleep.
They ate breakfast and then went to dig their box of diamonds.
"It's strange when I hid the box some days before I put it near a stamp of a mast which was some inches out of the sand.
"Now I don't see it, strange, are you sure it's the right place?" said Din.
His face a picture of concern.
"I am sure" answered Paul confidently.
"Father taught me how to fix a location and you too. We must recover the box as quickly as possible and be off from here."
"You buried it so you recover it, I will stand watch," He added.
Din didn't answer him but he was full of doubts.
"He is wrong," he thought but began to dig into the sand that covered the wrecked ship.
No mast was discovered by him but only rotted parts of a ship.
After 4 hours of digging in a hot day, tired and frustrated he told his brother in a bitter voice that it was not the right place.
"Check again, you stubborn mule, it's the wrong place."
"It's the place, dig towards the center of the ship." Said Paul stubbornly.
Din resumed his digging fearing that every minute the rotten ship would fall apart on him.
He didn't want to argue again with his brother, so he continued to dig.
They changed places but when evening came, they found nothing.
"In the morning we will resume the digging," said Paul. "It must be here."
They passed a restless night consumed by doubts and concern.
When the sun rose in the east promising another hot day, Din went to dig deep in the wrecked ship, while Paul stood guard on a nearby high dune.
The minutes turned into hours, Din got up to rest every hour.
When suddenly, near noon, came his muffled exclaim from deep in the ship "I found the box, I found the box!!"
Paul rushed to him and together they opened the box on the ship.
"It's very heavy I couldn't carry it out alone." Said Din.
It was very hot inside the ship;
They found an old lock, which puzzled them.
"It's not our box!" the two of them exclaimed, looking at each other.
"Come," said Paul, "we will open it now."
It took them a long time in the stifling heat to open the lock.
To their amazement, they found in the box a treasure!!"
It was another treasure, not their buried diamonds!
When they checked it they found out it contained hundreds of silver and gold coins.
Pearls, diamonds, and other gems.
They got out of the wreck to take some air and to decide what to do.
"I will notice father," said Paul.
"Wait a minute," answered his brother.
"What about our diamonds, we cannot tell father about a new treasure, which by the way, I found it, without telling him about the lost diamonds."
"Nonsense, he will be overjoyed, having two treasures, not one." Said, Paul.
But Din didn't agree.
"I fixed and wrote down the exact location of this treasure, check it too, and we will compare our measures," said Din.
They compared their findings and found that there was a difference of 500 yards between them.
"My calculations are the correct ones," Paul said in a strangled voice which showed his doubts.
"Stand guard here," said Din in a decisive voice. "I will measure 500 yards from here checking in a circle."
It took him an hour, flying low and slowly around in a circle.
Suddenly Paul heard his exclaim "I think I found it, there is a stamp of a mast out of the sand!,
I will begin to dig here."
It took him three hours of hard digging, feeling hot but excited when he heard a metal sound.
Digging further he found their box!!
"I found it!" he exclaimed triumphantly.
Paul rushed to him and they opened the box, their diamonds were there!
It was near dark exhausted but happy they discussed what to do next.
They decided not to inform their father about the new treasure, only about finding their diamonds.
because Din had a bad feeling about that subject.
"I suspect that we are being listened by someone on our communication with father," Din said.
Paul didn't argue with him having his own doubts.
In the night, they checked the new-found treasure, making sure not to leave any trace.
Din didn't mention his father that he had found a new treasure and was entitled to have the lion share of it.
That would wait for their meeting in Florida.
When morning came, the new treasure was covered and no human traces were left.
Both knew now the exact location of their new treasure.
Taking half of the diamonds of their first treasure, dividing it between them, they decided to be cautious in dealing with Ankur.
Only one would meet with Ankur, the other would stay guard outside.
The day was hot, with a clear blue sky.
They flew slowly a mile out in the ocean which made the day's heat bearable.
Feeling happy and content especially Din who envisioned himself a rich boy.
Reaching Walvis Bay around noon.
They didn't rush to Ankur's office.
Din took his time to watch the house from a safe distance, seeing no one suspicious coming or going out of the house, he signaled Paul to go in alone.
Ankur welcomed him warmly asking him if he had brought the diamonds when he got an affirmative answer, he asked about Din.

Being told that the later didn't join his brother, Ankur smiled, called his manservant to serve them alcohol drinks.

After a small talk for a while, they began their real business.

When all the diamonds were on the table, Ankur's face became grave.
"That's not all the diamonds you had told me before, call your brother from his hiding place and ask him to bring the rest of the diamonds," he said in a low voice full of venom.

"I told you my brother is not here and I want to finish this business first."

"A stubborn boy," said Ankur. "Very well, we will finish this transaction and then call your brother..."

A phone call interrupted him, after listening to it, he beamed.
"Well, we have your brother too!!"

Two minutes later, Din was escorted inside by two rough-looking men.

"Stay guard outside," he ordered them.

Turning to the brothers, he said with a broad smile.
"Now that we have the two of you, please Din kindly put your diamonds on the table."

Din looked at his brother then said, "And if I don't put them?"

Ankur laughed "I would be regret to use my rough people, they have no patience for such idiot boys, now for the last time put them out on the table!"

Shrugging his shoulders, he stood up, pretending to take the diamonds out he pulled a gun and aiming it at the astonished Ankur.

He signaled to his brother to take back his diamonds from the table; and nodded towards the open window.

Paul understood immediately and took the diamonds from the table and flew through the open window followed by Din.

They heard Ankur's shouts and then the gunshots, but they were already out of range.

"Where to?" asked Paul.

"We will stop out of the city then call Izak perhaps he will give us another of his swindler friends," Din said.

"It was well done you saved us from a robbery," said Paul in admiration.
"You become a real man, by the way, how did you acquire that gun?"

"Never mind, just acquire one you too, because in this villain's world of diamonds dealers and merchants it is a must," said Din wisely.

"I will do it," Paul said.

Calling Izak when they were out of the city who regretted hearing about Ankur's behavior.

"At least you got some of the diamonds sold," Izak said.

"I will give you a name in Pretoria, be careful, sell only a part of your diamonds at the same time when you finished that transaction call me again."

Thanking him, while asking him about his health, they got an answer it was improving.

=========================================