Chapter nine- Johannesburg.

"Mr. Eduard knows now that we are traveling to Johannesburg," said Paul.

"We will have to be on our guard," said Din.

"How did you know where was I?" asked Paul in amazement. "I thank you for the fast delivery you did."

"It was not that difficult I heard your moans and remembered how you acted against father's giant guard and I did the same," Din answered.

Paul smiled and became serious "We need to check around," he whispered.

"I had already done it," answered Din smiling.
"What had gone at Mr. Eduard?" asked Din.
"He said that the diamond was cut in ancient times, strange.
He has now ten of our diamonds, the giant took nine and Mr. Eduard has one."
"A pity but the priority was to save you." Answered Din.

They became silent looking at the scenes outside the train while it sped northward.

Sleeping most of the time arriving fresh at Johannesburg, a center of gold and diamonds trade 10 hours later.

The brothers booked a hotel and decided to call the diamond's dealer, who was happy to see them after they had mentioned their father to him.
He introduced himself as Izak.

They decided that Paul will go to Izak's office while Din will keep a watch outside the office.

To his surprise and relief, the meeting went well, Izak a 50 years old kind man dressed simply, with blue smiling eyes, almost bald in the head. A small nose and thin lips and a short almost white beard.

Izak looked at the diamond Paul showed him checked it and told Paul that he would buy it for a certain sum of money. consulting Henry in a long-distance call and haggling, it was decided that Paul would open a bank account on his name, where Izak would transfer the money for the diamond.

His father told him to sell 9 more diamonds to Izak who told Paul it was a very significant amount of money to transfer to the bank account in Johannesburg but did it.

Izak asked him if he had more diamonds, which Paul said that he would ask the man who gave him the diamonds.

Izak told him not to bring more diamonds, even if he had them but advised him to contact him after a month. when the market will calm down.

He further advised him to transfer part of the money to banks outside South Africa.

That concluded, Paul thanked him and left the office.

Meeting with his brother, Paul told him what had happened, then asked his father by wireless what to do with the other unsold diamonds.

His father's advice was to go back to Cape Town and book on the first ship bound to Miami.

"I have a big problem, how could I put backpacks full of diamonds aboard the passenger ship.

In Miami Harbor, it worked, but because of Mr. Eduard's presence in Cape Town, I think it's dangerous to do it.

Another problem is that I must be careful not to be caught by Mr. Eduard's men, even here in Johannesburg."

"Take a place outside Cape Town and board the ship in the last minute as you had done in Miami and be careful." His father advised.

Henry talked with Din about it and the 16 years old boy answered:

"Father is right, we would board the ship at the last minute and would take a hotel outside Cape town."

Looking at the map, Paul found a place outside Cape Town at Stellenbosch about 60 miles from Cape Town in an eastern direction, a mere one-hour flight from Cape Town.

Taking a train to Cape Town and reaching it late in the night. Then they got to Stellenbosch's hotel and stayed there for two days waiting for a suitable ship to arrive.

When the ship arrived that morning to Cape Town harbor, they boarded her successfully at 10 minutes to midnight. The ship, the Sea Princess, a passenger ship capable of taking 1500 passengers a modern ship painted white and her funnels painted blue which indicated that she was owned by the same company as that they boarded at Miami.
The ship left the harbor at midnight, accompanied by 2 launches.

The ship gathered speed while sailing northwest at 18 knots, entering a moderate sea.

Passengers went to sleep because of the late hour, as did the brothers.

The next morning, Din told Paul that he feel a bad feeling warning Paul to be on his guard because many of his bad feelings came true.
Paul went first to eat breakfast with a heavy heart.

Approaching the dining room but without entering it.
He asked the waiter at the door if there was a man named Mr. Eduard in his passengers' list.
After consulting his list, he answered that there was a man by that name in the dining room!!
Astonished he hesitated. "Could he be the same cruel man who captured me back in his office?"
His curiosity overcame him. Making him to stride boldly towards the dining room.

Looking inside, he made eye contact with Mr. Eduard sitting at a table.

Smiling, Mr. Eduard said: "surprised Henry's brat come dine with me."
"like a shark inviting a little fish." Thought Paul.

Smiling back, Paul answered bravely that he would be delighted to dine with him, but first, he had to finish some argent thing.

Going away quickly he felt that someone was following him, looking back he saw the giant man smiling his twisted smile.
looking around quickly he saw stairs leading to the upper deck.
Deciding to go their he ran fast turning his face and looking at the giant, turning quickly he tried to climb the stairs leading to the main deck.
The giant's hand caught one of his legs trying to pull him down.
Desperately he struggled to release it.
In vain, he was being pulled back by the giant.
Suddenly remembering how he dealt with another giant in George's house, he kicked the giant's face with his free leg, hearing his surprised shouting and falling down.
Paul climbed the stairs quickly half flying and then waited to see if the giant would follow him up.
The giant was on the floor moaning.
Injured the giant tried to stand up and did it with difficulty.
Paul didn't stop to see what would the giant do but hurried away to his cabin, telling Din what had happened to him.
the brothers decided to leave the ship immediately.
Paul had his doubts about how to leave a passenger ship while she was sailing.
It would be a difficult and dangerous act.
consulting their father while anxiously waiting to see if the giant or others of Mr. Eduard's men came to catch them.

Their father's advice was to coordinate their movements with the ship ones and pay attention to the railings, masts and other prominent things.

Having to do it as quickly as possible, trying to coordinate their movements they saw the giant coming. Taking off quickly, Paul was nearly knocked down by the stern rails.

Free at last, the brothers flew back to Cape Town above the ocean while wondering how Mr. Eduard knew about their boarding the passenger ship.

Booking again in the same hotel outside Cape Town.

An hour later, they reached the hotel and went to sleep immediately.

The following morning, Paul contacted his father and told him they had succeeded in escaping the passenger ship.

"The best solution is to take another passenger ship." Advised their father.

Checking in the harbor about another passenger ship's time of arrival.

Getting an answer that only a week later would be another passenger in the harbor, but her destination would be New York.

Having to decide what to do Paul asked his brother.

"How did Mr. Eduard know we were aboard that ship?" "He was not surprised to see me, strange, perhaps he had many agents in Cape Town, it will be dangerous to board another ship here."

"What are you going to do?" asked Din.

"We will have to think about it." Answered Paul.

==============================================