chapter four - Henry's Efforts to find Paul.

Henry heard Paul's messages and knew two facts for sure:

First that Paul was alive and second he was on an island whose latitude was 24 degrees north.

Checking the map, he concluded that he must be in the Caribbean islands, perhaps on one of the Bahamas uninhabited islands; otherwise, he would have informed him.

"I will fly from east to west in the Bahamas," he decided.

Calling his sons Tim and Din to stay home near the wireless in shifts and waiting for his messages or Paul's ones.

Taking off in a southeastern direction flying low. He got to San Salvador island after four uneventful hours and landed in its most eastern point, at Green Bay with white sand and coconut trees.

After eating and drinking something, trying to call the island authorities at Cockburn Town. But he got an answer that the offices were closed.

Passing the night at some hotel, he woke up, ate some breakfast and then flew westward above green watered Storr's lake.

San Salvador had many sandy beaches, but only about 900 people lived on the island and its principal community, Cockburn Town, the seat of the local government.

It was 9 o'clock in the morning when Henry came to the small colonial building of the administrator's office.

The secretary sent him to the next room to meet the administrator, a middle-aged man with thin gray hair brown eyes wearing spectacles. A serious man taking his job seriously.

"What can I do for you," he asked in a heavy accent.

"I am looking for my son who flew from Florida three days ago, encountering a storm," showing him Paul's picture.

The man looked at it and said, "I didn't hear about him, was he flying a plane? He seems too young for it,"

"It's a long story," said Henry, "but did you get any information of a young man coming here or to a nearby island?"

"No" answered the man "but we heard an SOS from a ship in trouble 3 days ago, saying that it was in 24 latitudes in the Caribbean, it was stormy in that region."

"It makes little sense," Henry thought. "What connection does it have with Paul"

But something nagged him.

"Perhaps there was some connection between the Mayday call of the ship and Paul, but how?"

His next stop was Cat island, in the central Bahamas and has the highest point in the Bahamas, Mount Alvernia 63 yards high, on top of it there was a monastery called the Hermitage, there were hermits there that could know about news in the area.

Henry flew to that place but found no new information.

He flew to the main town of the island Arthur's Town, where nobody knew about his son.

He continued his search, determined to find Paul.