••☆ Chapter 7: "Love or Lust" (Part2) ☆••

Start from the beginning

He was not sure of her offer, but he answered anyway. "I like girls I can brag."

"Huh? What do you mean by that?" she replied in a confused tone.

"You know... attractive, sexy, knows how to dress up, likes partying and drinking and... a little naughty." he specified.

"So you're really looking for a hooker." she told him.

"No, not like that." he disagreed, showing her a sour face.

"But you just described a hooker." she insisted.

"No, you don't get it. I mean, like a super model, or a famous influencer, or maybe if I get lucky, a very hot actress. I want someone with class. Someone who can carry herself well. " he specified.

"You have very high standards." she commented.

"I may be blind right now, but don't forget, I have good looks and I'm from a wealthy family. I have the right to demand." he claimed, sounding very prideful.

"Well, that means I can't help you. I think you're not looking for love yet." she said.

He was about to protest against what she said, but she pulled him down and guided him to the cab.

While on the ride, he thought of what she told him last.

Rose noticed he was unusually quiet. "Hey, you okay?"

"Why did you say... I'm not yet looking for love?" he asked in a serious tone.

"Oh, did I offend you?" she asked.

"Just answer my question." he said impatiently.

"Okay, but don't get mad at me if you really want to hear my opinion... Well, I think... instead of love, what you want is a toy... A toy you can play with and show off." she answered frankly.

"W-What? ...A toy? I didn't treat Patricia like a toy. I loved her." he protested.

"Will you please keep your voice down? We're in a car. I can hear you without yelling." she told him.

"I wasn't yelling. I was just... I was just trying to explain myself because you got me all wrong again." he reasoned in an upset tone.

She faced him. "Tell me... Are you really sure it was love you felt for your ex-girlfriend... not lust?"

"Yeah, I'm... I'm su..." He paused. His memories with Patricia suddenly returned to him. He tried to prove in his mind that it was real love he felt for her, but then, he realized they never did something special for each other. All they did to show their affection was through sex and nothing more.

Because of that abrupt realization, he became depressed. He leaned against his seat and bowed his head.

Rose noticed the heavy look on his face. She decided not to argue with him about it anymore.

☆••••••○○●○○••••••☆

Until they got to the house, Dylan was still quiet. Rose took him to his room.