21. sick fic type beat

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

SICK FIC TYPE BEAT

The first thing Kaspian saw when he woke up was that he had six new messages from Rowan.

ro1 -
kaspain

ro1 -
kaspain pls respond🥺

ro1 -
why does my phone keep doing this shit lmao **KASPAIN

ro1 -
fuck it😐 im sickkk and no one's home :(

ro1 -
how can u still be sleeping ???? it's like ,,, 6am sdjhdhd ur an athlete, wake up !!!

ro1 -
ok fine be like that😔

Kaspian checked the time. Eight o'clock? He wondered how he managed to sleep in for that long, and then he realised that he ended up sleeping only at around three in the morning.

It had been exactly four days since Rowan and Kaspian ran into Jemma, four days since Kaspian realised that he was falling for Rowan, way harder than he expected to, four days to February.

kaspain -
dumbass, I'll be there in fifteen

Wait, am I too late? Is someone else already with him?

Before Kaspian could finish typing out a message, asking Rowan if he still needed him there, Rowan texted him back.

ro1 -
thank fuck ur a saviour 👉👈 i've been hacking my mf lungs out lmao pls come and save me

Kaspian laughed at that, before shutting off his phone again, and going downstairs, where his mom was reading the newspaper.

"Mom, I'm going to Rowan's house for a bit, okay? He's sick," Kaspian said, as he poured himself some cereal, eating it dry.

"Rowan?"

Letting out a groan, Kaspian ran his fingers through his hair. "Rowan, Mom. The same guy I spoke about on Christmas. The same guy you met on Thanksgiving. Rowan."

Tutting to herself, Kaspian's mom shook her head. "I always think his name is Raphael. Don't know why." Closing the newspaper and folding it, she looked over at Kaspian, who had finished eating his cereal. "Yes, you can go. But you have to come back and study. And you can't get sick."

"I won't get sick," replied Kaspian, washing his bowl. His mom just rolled her eyes and gave him a pointed look.

"That's what you always say."

"Because I never get sick!"

Huffing, his mom narrowed her eyes. "No, you just never tell me when you get sick. But I know when you're sick, mijo. I know everything. I see everything."

Cheekily smiling, Kaspian swiftly kissed his mom on the cheek, and left the house. Playing a song that Rowan recommended by Tom Rosenthal, Kaspian found himself repeating the song exactly four times on the way to Rowan's place. My FBI agent is probably so fucking tired of me.

Once he reached, he knocked on Rowan's door once, and then again. There was a group of old ladies standing in front of the next house, staring daggers into his soul, and Kaspian was beginning to get extremely fucking uncomfortable.

Three minutes passed, and Kaspian was still standing outside Rowan's house, looking aimless. And slightly creepy. His phone pinged with a message, and Kaspian immediately pulled it out, saving himself from the odd stares that the ladies were giving him.