Mallory appeared behind the hunter, ripping his heart out without a care in the world. She sighed dramatically, staring down at the heart she held in her hand before she dropped it on the ground. "Well, that's enough of you, isn't it?" She asked in a sarcastic tone.

"You have perfect timing you know that?" Damon commented and Mallory smiled down at him.

______

Later that day, Mallory sat in the parlor with Lexi and Stefan. She watched as Lexi crouched down near Vaughn's body while talking to Stefan, who emptied a blood bag into two glasses. "So, the veil's down until tonight, he dies and goes to the Other Side, and what? Comes back all over again? How long does that take?"

Mallory sighed, handing Lexi a glass of blood. "What, they don't give you a rulebook over there?" She asked her curiously, "I thought they would."

Lexi laughed, the two of them exchanging a smile before she turned to look at Stefan. "You know, you're missing your chance to weigh in on the Great Elena Gilbert Cure Debate," She told him, referring to what was going on upstairs.

"What am I supposed to do, tell her it's her choice?" Stefan asked Lexi defensively, "Because that worked out so well. You know, it's funny, those two are in there arguing about how to protect the world, and they have yet to address their biggest issue."

"Enlighten me," Lexi encouraged him, a smile forming on her lips.

"The sire bond's gone. Elena's emotions are back. She finally knows exactly how she feels," He informed them and Mallory sighed, his face falling.

"And what if whatever she feels is for you?" Lexi asked and Stefan sighed, considering the question for a moment.

"She's the love of my life. I'd go back to her in a heartbeat," He admitted, causing Mallory to give him a pitiful look, "But, if that's not how she feels, then maybe that's exactly what I need to hear to get my ass out the door. Maybe I will move to Australia. I can live in a yurt."

Hearing Stefan's words, Lexi and Mallory both laughed, clinking their glasses together. "Cheers to that."

Several moments had passed the trio continued to drink and converse, only to stop when they watched Vaugh raise from the dead.

However, before they could actually do anything about it, Damon appeared, leading to Vaughn turning to face him. "Here," He told Vaughn and tossed him the cure, which Vaughn was quick to catch.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" Mallory complained, staring at Damon in disbelief.

"Digging up Silas," Damon informed her, turning before he walked toward the door, "You coming, Vaughn, or not?"

Mallory frowned, watching in utter confusion as Vaughn causally followed Damon out the front door. She turned, watching Elena arrive just as the door shut. She turned to Stefan, Mallory and Lexi, speechless.

"What just happened," Mallory muttered to herself, not having the slightest clue what was going on.

_____

Later on, Mallory sighed, watching Elena pace the living room as she spoke with Mallory and Stefan about what to do next regarding Damon. "We have to do something. If those hunters give the cure to Silas—"

"They're not giving it to Silas. Wherever Damon is taking Vaughn right now, it's to stall, because Damon hasn't had time to bury Silas' body yet," Stefan informed Elena, who stopped pacing and turned to him in shock, "And that's all you need to know right now."