Chapter Sixteen - The Price of Blood

Start from the beginning

The Succubus favours fighting in close quarters, they generally conjure up dark spheres and magic to control their enemies and use their agility to empower foes. However with Reiguma being a Serabrae, that alone would be efficient enough to negate their mind tapping ability. But it didn't leave Reiguma with the upper hand as she had no time to release her powerful flames. She had to constantly watch from all sides and only releasing quick flames, either surrounding her body with it or bursting it out.

And as powerful as Reiguma is, she's participated in little actual fights. In terms of experience, as hard as it is for me to say, the Succubus has the upper hand.

As their fighting continues, numerous times I wondered how I could help Reiguma. She was in a more helpess position as she was wearing thin on both power and endurance.

"Aww, what's wrong?~ Can't keep up with a mere Vampire Succubus?~ The Serabrae's must not be what they were before."

Numerous times she's been taunting her, and with Reiguma being like a child. She's fell for her traps plenty of times.

I knew I couldn't just kneel against the ground submitting to this hazy feeling within me. Using the closest objects to pull myself up, I push my heavy body to the weapons rack.

"Oo, and you still have some fight left in you?~ Well for a human to charm a Serabrae it must have taken more than just good looks.~"

I stand beside the panting Reiguma, with a sword in hand I take my stance.

"I'm.. Just not going to stand by, and watch my precious partner get hurt."

"Aww how sweet.~ But just how much can you do with that body of yours? You can barely stand! Just give up, I don't want your body to break before I start with you!"

With much bravo to back up her statement, she was right about one thing. I could barely keep the sword from falling out of my grip.

"Then how about I fill in his place?"

"W-what!?"

With a gasp the Succubus turns around, however it was already to late to react. A gleaming sword was already pierced through her abdomen. All the way towards the hilt of her blade, blood continues to pour from the open wound.

"J-jang Mi?"

Reiguma and I were both awe struck to see her appear from thin air. No that's an exaggeration, but where did she come from?

"Y-you...How did you even sneak up on me..?"

"Basic Kiridorian forms."

"K-Kiridorian..? No matter how much practice as you can get... You can't just slip pass my life line detection..."

"Hmm.. Well, I am the one closest to death as they say."

Pulling her sword back cleanly, the Succubus coughs out more blood before keeling over whilst pressing her hand against her wound.

"My heart beat's been very faint ever since."

With a strong swing of her sword, she uses the momentum to clean off the blood before placing it back in it's sheathe.

"...Well, things have gone rather south. I'm out numbered..."

"So... What are you going to do with me now?"

It was as though she was already accepting her fate. Would there be a reward even if we killed this Succubus?

"I don't mind dirtying my blade again, it's your call Kiro."

I look towards Reiguma for answers, however she was already having trouble standing up straight. It was up to me to decide her fate. Would it be a wise idea to silence her?