"Can you get us two vodka sprites? Make them strong, also here is my card, just put it on a tab," I smiled widely at him, holding my card in between my two fingers as he took it gingerly, chuckling under his breath and shaking his head back and forth at me. He continued to make the drinks as Skylar and I watched intently, feeling the excitement of it pour through us. 

The bartender pushed the drinks towards us as we thanked him, sipping through the black straw, feeling the bitter but sweet taste of the drink enter my mouth. I smiled at the taste, watching Skylar continuously drink hers. 

We walked around the bar, smiling at familiar faces and stopping to talk to a few people we knew. Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed Jude with his friends laughing loudly, chugging the beer in their hands. I held back my eye roll and felt the pang of annoyance rush through me again. I threw the black straw out of my cup as it fell to the floor. I brought the cup to my lips, drinking the rest of my vodka sprite, feeling the buzz inside of me get stronger. 

Jude noticed me as he excused himself from his friends, rushing over to me and wrapping his arm around my torso, causing me to flinch at his presence. 

"Hey, there you are," He smiled brightly, the whites of his eyes having red streaks through them, knowing he was borderline drunk at this point. I was getting there but I'm sure he had downed multiple drinks with his friends. I shrugged his arm off my torso, spinning around to look at him fully.

"Yeah here I am, but that hasn't mattered to you all night, so you can go back to your friends," I angrily spat at him, turning back around as I heard him sigh from behind me. Skylar glanced over, a smirk on her lips once she realized what I said. This was so normal of him, to always leave me stranded by myself to go hang out with his friends. Obviously, there was nothing wrong with him wanting to spend time with them, but when it happens every time we go out for a fun night, it gets old and tiring. 

"I'm sorry baby, you know they always distract me from you..." He trailed off, wrapping his arms around my waist, tugging me towards his chest as I stumbled into him. He started to trail small kisses along my neck, pushing the strap of my tank top off my shoulder, now kissing my shoulder. I shrugged him off and immediately pulled away, annoyance written all over my face as I crushed the cup in my hand and threw it at him in anger.

"Can you knock it off? Kissing me isn't going to make me happy, you're only doing this because you're drunk," I shouted over the loud music as he huffed under his breath in defeat. He slowly entwined his fingers with mine, but this time I didn't pull away. I didn't want to continue being a buzzkill. 

"Let me get you a drink then, please?" He pleaded with soft eyes as I nodded my head slowly, looking back at Skylar as she shook her head back and forth at me in disapproval. I gave my shoulder a light shrug back as Jude pulled me towards the bar. 

"Can I get a beer?" Jude asked in a loud voice towards the bartender as the bartender nodded back. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, focusing my gaze on Jude. 

"A beer? You know I don't like beer," I stated with a small laugh, confused, considering he knows I don't enjoy the taste of beer. Jude shrugged his shoulders, facing his body towards mine as he pulled my body closer to his.

"Yeah I know, but beer is free tonight so," He responded with slurred words, a smirk playing on his lips as I shook my head at him in annoyance. Typical Jude, he hated paying for his drinks. I rolled my eyes as he handed me the beer. I took a small sip from the tap beer and almost gagged. I pinched my nose together, bringing the drink back up to my lips, taking a bigger gulp hoping the taste wouldn't make me nauseous, at this point, I was trying to get as wasted as possible.