one

*2 years later*

Leah Presley

"Baby, baby wake up," A whispering voice echoed through my ear as I grumbled underneath my breath, my fingers gripping the sheets as I shoved them over my head, twisting my body and turning to the other side. I could hear Jude's soft laugh surround the atmosphere around the room, causing the familiar butterflies to appear in my stomach just from the sound of him. I smiled to myself as the presence of him always made my heart flutter. I couldn't quite believe how utterly in love I was with this boy. 

"Leah, c'mon, it's 2 in the afternoon. I just got back from my class and I didn't think you would still be in my bed by the time I got back," He laughed, as I felt the bed dip near me, the warmth of his body radiating off of him and causing warmth to surround every inch of my skin. I sighed under my breath in defeat, rolling back over to catch the beautiful hazel eyes that have corrupted me. He smiled warmly at me, reaching his hand over to run it through my messy blonde hair that was a tangled mess from being in bed all day. 

"I don't want to get out of this big comfy bed, thank you very much," I grumbled, trying to fight off the smile that was creeping up my lips. He huffed under his breath, bringing his lips to my forehead softly to persuade me in getting out of bed.

"I love you and all, but I think it's time you stop going to bed at 3 a.m. every day. You have class in an hour." He responded, his arms latching them around my wrists as he gently lifted me out a bed, a loud groan coming from my throat. 

"I don't care I was planning on skipping anyways," I stuck my tongue out at him as I stood up from his bed, stretching out my limbs in satisfaction from my long slumber. He chuckled lowly, standing up as well, rubbing his hand on the small of my back. 

"I think you should go, you've already skipped this class a couple of times, at least go this one time in case you miss anything important," He exclaimed, raising his eyebrows at me. I rolled my eyes at his comment, annoyed that he always tells me this.

"Jude, I've already told you, this professor doesn't take attendance and he just reads off the slides. I could do it all online, it's a waste of my time to go," I curtly responded, my feet taking me towards his kitchen, opening up the fridge to find something to ease the grumbling from my stomach. He was hot on my trail, following after me.

"Please? Go for me? I'm just worried is all, you've been slacking..."He trailed off in a warning tone, but careful with his words, as he darted his eyes towards the floor, escaping something that would probably soon turn into an argument. I gritted my teeth to ease the anger that was soon developing, biting my tongue to avoid fighting with him. 

"Fine, I'll go if you leave me alone about it," I muttered annoyingly, deciding on grabbing the butter from his fridge and reaching for the bread on the counter to make myself some toast. I could hear him sigh under his breath, knowing he had gotten under my skin about me going to class. I love college don't get me wrong, just not the part where I have to go to ridiculous classes that are a waste of my time. I was already almost done with school and was about to graduate a year from now, I just hated having to take classes that had nothing to do with what I wanted to do in the future. 

"I'm sorry I'm not trying to be that annoying boyfriend," He mumbled, moving his body closer to mine as I leaned up against the counter, waiting for my toast to brown. I sighed in defeat, wrapping my arms around his neck, my fingers beginning to play with the ends of his hair.

"I know, I'm not trying to be a brat, you just know how I feel about that class," I responded in a low voice, my eyes going towards the floor as he tilted my chin to look back up to him, meeting those familiar warm hazel eyes. His lips brushed mine softly, feeling my nerves go down from the gentle touch. I smiled into the kiss, deepening it a little bit as I heard him laugh against my lips.