Chapter 5: The comfy spider web

(Y/N) laid in her bed, tossing and turning. Her eyes darted to the clock. "3:45am....fuck...not again.." as much as her body begged for rest, her mind kept racing. She gently sat up and sighed. No one was up thats for sure. Unless she woke up angel again. No.. She felt a sense of guilt. So many nights where shed ask for his company. Nothing but him just holding her close and telling him funny stories would be enough to send the cotton candy demon to sleep. His soft hands gently petting her hair....

She shook her head and quickly got up from the bed, slowly and quietly making her way out of her room and onto the large balcony.
"Can't sleep either huh?"
"Charlie?"

The princess was there wearing her night gown, her hair messy from her struggle of trying to sleep.She sat in the cute bench, angled perfectly to see the horizon and the city lights. The cotton candy haired demon went to her and sat next to her.
"Yeah I...I can't sleep tonight..I didn't want to wake up Angel again. He needs sleep too."
She smiled in response. "You two are so close."
"Y-yeah well...he helped me out a lot and the such.." she looked away almost a bit embarrassed to admit it.

"(Y/N),...Can i ask you...if its alright of course...do you like angel?"

To the sounds of her words, her heart skipped a beat. That man did strike a nice cord with her but.. was she good enough? Would he feel the same way or...was he using her for attention? she shook her head. Thoughts like this in the middle of the night could only lead to worst thoughts.

"....I....I kinda do... but.....i don't know I...I am not really his type i don't think..."
Charlie smiled and looked to her with a happy expression.
"YOU ARE TOTALLY HIS TYPE! Ok I...I need to tell you something that happened a few days back. Let me explain.."

A few days earlier,

Charlie was coming back upstairs, a cool glass of water in hand. She yawned softly and saw in the darkness of the hall a soft light coming from one of the rooms. The princess knew well whose room it was.

"(Y/N?) are you ok?" she asked softly as she opened the door. What she witnessed instead was two demons in the bed.

One was the cotton candy haired demon, gently snuggling into the warm chest fluff of the second demon, sleeping so soundly. And the second, Angel dust, keeping her close, one pair of arm, holding his head up and petting her hair, the other pair was wrapped around her waist softly. Charlie at first jumped at the sight, her imagination running wild.
"S-s-so sorry I-"
"Calm down toots.. We haven't done anything dirty if thats what you're imagining." Angel scoffed, whispering in a rough way, like a parent scolding a child not wanting others to hear. "She just had trouble sleeping.."

Charlie blushed and uncovered her eyes to look at the sight. Nothing sexual, just soft and tender. His eyes went back to the demon trapped in his arms and smiled softly. To charlie, It looked like a spider who caught a little butterfly in his web. But oddly enough the spider didn't want to devour his prey and just comfort her.

"Angel...I...I never seen you in this light before..." Charlie smiled. "You like her don't you?"
The demon chuckled in response and after sighed.
"yeah....I do..." he looked down to her saddened a bit.
"Charlie... I saw her covered in blood, her face first in the water.. She looked like she went through hell....like many of us...but...I felt pity for her.."
He gently held her closer, softly kissing her head and he continued.
"And now that i know who she is and how kind she is....I feel guilty...for wanting to hold her close and keep her safe. I mean...come the fuck on I....I'm no better than any demon down here...and yet..." His heart tightened as he held her close. He took a breath and said. "I just...want to be the one to keep her safe... from the horror of this fucking place."

End of flashback

(Y/N) listened intently to charlie's tale. Her vision was getting blurry from the tears coming up.
"Oh no don't cry, (Y/N)." she took out a fabric tissue as she gently whipped away her tears but even more came. "Im so sorry i shouldn't have-"
"No no charlie.. I am so glad you told me." she sniffed and gently tried to stop herself from crying. "I....I'm crying because...I've never had someone say such sweet things to me and... even in life I never had such kindness... to think that in hell, I'd find the one for me."

Its at that moment she felt two pairs of arms wrap behind her and hold her tightly.
"Good morning sweetness." The familiar voice.. the one that always sent shivers.. More tears came up to her eyes.
"A-Angel I-"
"ssshhh... close your eyes cutie..." one of his hands gently held her chin and lifted her head up to let his lips press on hers. Another hand gently held her cheek, softly stroking with his thumb to wipe away the tears.

Charlie quickly looked away and smiled softly. As the light came back to the sky, bringing a fire red light to the two lovers now embracing. It felt warm, kind...a sort of light not so common in hell.

Angel looked to her and smiled as he pulled away slowly from the kiss. "As sweet as i imagined it be...just like cotton candy."