8. 𝓞𝓾𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓗𝓸𝓼𝓹𝓲𝓽𝓪𝓵

Chapter Eight: Out of the Hospital

"Did you bring my car or yours?" I ask Tyler as I lay in the bed waiting for my last rounds.

"I brought the Jeep," Tyler answers.

"We have to get back to the apartment, I missed my pedicure appointment that I had scheduled for yesterday, so Ashlee is coming over to do it," I tell him.

"You are seriously more worried about your feet," Tyler says looking at me.

"Yes, now get in the damn bed," I say to him. I move over and he crawls into the bed with me, he drapes his shoulder. Dr. Maddon and Dr. Riley came into my room with the residents.

"Dr. Hudson present," Dr. Maddon said to one of the residents.

"Hunter Kennedy, 18, post op day 4 after suffering a fractured pelvis, two fractured wrists, two fractured ankles, and a hematoma caused by head trauma. She is being discharged today," Dr Hudson explains my case for the last time.

"I will get the paperwork, and you can head out of here," Dr. Madden says to me.

"What about my crutches?" I ask.

"I will bring them when I bring the paper work," Dr. Madden says to me.

"Okay," I say before the doctors walk out of the room.

"Are you sure you want to go to the game?" Tyler asks me.

"Yes, I am sure I told my mother that I couldn't just stay in the apartment all day," I tell him.

"So Pat told me that if you want you have access to the tunnel to wait for me so that you don't have to walk out to the car alone. Security can walk you to the tunnel," Tyler tells me.

"Thank you," I thank him resting my head on his chest.

"The nurses tell me that you haven't slept," Tyler says bring it up.

"I'm scared to sleep Ty. I'm scared to sleep, they haven't caught him yet, for all we know he could be in Mexico or Cuba by now," I say to my best friend.

"This is why you are coming with me when we have to travel," Tyler says to me.

"Can you go get the car?" I ask him.

"Yeah."

****

Tyler opens the door to our apartment and I hobble through the door to see several bouquets of flowers.

"Where did this all come from?" I ask him.

"Some friends, family, and a lot of your celebrity friends," He answers. I hobble through the door and to the living room. I sit on the couch.

"There are dozens of cards here for you," Tyler says to me, bringing the cards over and sitting next to me on the couch.

****

Tyler and I arrive at American Airlines Arena, a security guard met us at the entrance to take me to my seat. I hobble on my crutches through the area to get to my courtside seats. I sit down in my seat and the security walks away and toward the tunnel.

After a few more minutes the team walks out to warm up. Jimmy, Bam, Kendrick all walk up to me. I use my crutches to stand up.

"How are you?" Bam asks me.

"I'm good, I feel a lot better," I answer the question.

"Hunter what are you doing here you should be healing?" Jimmy asks me.

"I'm not going to miss your guy's game."

****

The game is about to start and the guys are about to walk out of the tunnel again. They start to walk out and rather than straight to the court they walk on the sidelines. I notice there is something in their hands. Meyers is the first to walk out and places a red rose in front of my feet. Everyone else follows dropping a single rose at my feet which starts to make my eyes fill with water. Tyler is the last one in line and drops the last rose. He hugs me

"Thank you."

"Of course bubs."