~2. 2019 𝓝𝓑𝓐 𝓓𝓻𝓪𝓯𝓽~

Chapter Two: 2019 NBA Draft

After spending nearly a week in London working with the great Ed Sheeran, I flew to New York for the NBA draft. Tyler had asked me the day after my graduation party he asked me if I would go with him to the draft. Of course I agreed.

I get out of my hotel room bed and walk to the bathroom. I strip out of my sports bra and shorts that I wore to bed when I got in early this morning. I turn on the water and get in the hot shower.

After fifteen minutes, I get out of the shower, I wrap the towel around my body. I put my leave in conditioner in my hair that helps with my naturally curly hair. I start to brush it when there is a loud knock at the door. I continue to brush through, the knock got louder. I securely wrap my hair in the towel. I make sure the towel around my body doesn't slip. I walk out of the bathroom. I open my hotel room door and there stands Tyler.

"You couldn't wait for me to finish getting ready could you?" I ask him.

"Just finish what you were doing, I'm going to go lay on the bed," Tyler says walking into the room and right past me.

I walk to my suitcase and grab a sports bra and shorts. I walk back into the bathroom, I brush through my hair. I put on my sports bra and shorts. I wrap my blonde hair in a towel. I walk out of the bathroom and lay down next to Tyler.

"How was London?" Tyler asks me.

"It was amazing. The countryside in England is beautiful," I tell him how truly beautiful it was. I grab my phone and find the pictures that I took.

"You weren't kidding," Tyler says when I get a call from Paxton. I answer the phone and walk to the bathroom.

"Where the hell are you?" Paxton screams.

"Don't worry about me, I'm in New York," I answer as I lean against the door.

"What the fuck are you doing in New York?" He hollers, I hate when we fight like this I really do but it happens all the time.

"Tyler has a chance to get drafted tonight and he wants me here, so I am here," I tell him even though I already told him just a couple of days ago.

"You are always choosing him over me. I am your boyfriend not him. Get on a flight right now," Paxton demands. I slide down the door trying not to cry.

"No Paxton I'm not, I will be back in Milwaukee tomorrow, I mean it's not like you care all you do is go out to damn parties. I was in London for a week and we talked one time for a total of two minutes," I yell back at my boyfriend before hanging up the phone.

I sit there and start to cry. Tears roll down my checks one after another. I bring my knees to my chest and wrap my arms securely around them. There is a knock on the bathroom door and I just didn't move and continued to cry.

"Hunter, are you okay?" Tyler asks through the door. I don't say anything, I can't say anything to him about it.

"Hunter, open the door before I do," Tyler says, I can hear the worry in his voice. I wipe tears off my face. I stand up and open the door and hug Tyler.

"What's the matter Hunter?" Tyler asks me.

"Nothing," I lie.

"You're lying, what is the matter?" He asks again.

"He isn't happy that I'm here with you. I told him I would be back tomorrow and that he probably wouldn't care," I say into Tyler's chest.

"He's a dick."

"Let's change the subject," I say to him.

"You can't just change the subject," He says to me.

"Yes, I can. My relationship is the least of our worries, you are getting drafted tonight," I say to him, changing the subject.

"I might," Tyler said resting his chin on my head. I release myself from his arms and look up at him.

"Trust me Ty, you will get drafted, I know, and according to my dad I don't know everything. He is right I don't know everything but this is the one thing I am certain of."

****

Tyler, his family, and I arrive at Barclays Center, where the draft is being held. Tyler's suit is making a statement through the entire arena. I am wearing a light blue dress and a pair of heels of the same color. Everyone knows that Zion is going number one.

Tyler is sitting between his parents while I'm sitting on the other side of his mother Jen.

Each pick went by until we got to the 12th pick. The Charlotte Hornets had the pick. PJ, Tyler's teammate at Kentucky who is sitting not far from us. Out of the corner of my eye I see PJ pick up the phone. He's going to Charlotte.

"With the twelfth pick of the 2019 NBA Draft the Charlotte Hornets select PJ Washington Jr, University of Kentucky," The commissioner Adam Silver announces to the arena.

PJ stands up, hugs his family, hugs Coach Cal. He walks up to the stage and shakes the commissioner hand. Miami is on the clock. After a couple of minutes, Tyler's phone rings. He's going to Miami. He got drafted into the NBA. We've both accomplished our dreams.

"With the thirteenth pick of the 2019 NBA Draft the Miami Heat select Tyler Herro, University of Kentucky," Adam Silver announces.

Tyler stands up and hugs his parents, then makes his way and pulls me into a hug.

"You did Ty," I say to my best friend.

"No we did it, you accomplished your dreams too Hunter."