Cancun.

"Beautiful mind
Your heart got a story with mine
Your heart got me hurting at times
Your heart gave me new kind of highs
Your heart got me feeling so fine
So what to do
Still falling for you
It took us a while
With every breath a new day
With love on the line
We've had our share of mistakes
But all your flaws and scars are mine
Still falling for you
Still falling for you"

****

Noelle

"Put that damn phone away, Nonó, will ya?"

I hum looking up from the screen at Hannah, intent in showing me two sundresses, "Gimme a second. I need to tell Car a thing."

"It's been two days since we got here and you did nothing but text Car." She keeps scolding me with a whiny voice.

"He is living in my flat, I'm scared he'll set fire to it!" I whine back, "And it's not my fault if he decided to look at the curriculums during these four days. I told him to wait for me and-... Hannah give me my phone back!"

I try to stretch out to grab my phone but she's keeping it over her head, stopping me from getting it. Stupid long legs.

"No. These are our days together, the day after tomorrow we are going back home, to the sad reality where you can be a control freak over your restaurant." She says, putting my phone inside of her cross-body bag, "Right now you will help me choose which dress to buy and act like my damn person."

"I'm not a control freak." I scoff, folding my arms over my chest, earning a knowing look from her, "Okay... Maybe a little... But what's the matter with dresses? This is the third one you want to buy."

She adjusts the white sunglasses she's wearing on her face and rests one hand on her hip, shifting her weight from one foot to the other, "See? You weren't even listening to me. The first dress was for John's sister, the second one for me, and this is for Mae, for her birthday."

We spent yesterday laying all day under the sun, drinking margaritas and just chilling out. This morning Hannah wanted to visit Cancun's markets and do some shopping, so we could spend this afternoon and the next two days just chilling and I loved her idea. Even if it didn't look like it 'cause I spent half of the time at the phone with Carter, I was loving walking down the crowded streets of the market and discover the history of folklore and tradition of the city.

I'm a sucker for markets.

I needed these days away from reality, some time away from all the fears and doubts clouding my mind lately but I mostly needed some time with my best friend. Even if we talk every day, I feel like it's been a lifetime since we last spent some quality time together, and she's right, I need to be more involved and be her person, just like she is mine.

"I like that one," I say, pointing to the long white sundress with a boat neckline and coloured flowers embroidered on it.

"Yeah?" she smiles, happy I'm finally paying attention to her, "I like it too." she adds, turning to the old man owner of the dress stand and handing the dress to him along with some money, "What are you getting her?"

"I think I'll bring her a magnet or something like that," I comment after we said good-bye to the man and we start walking down the street.

"A magnet for her birthday? Really?"

"What?" I ask, looking up at her, "No, I'm taking her to get her first tattoo for her birthday." I laugh when she sighs in relief.

"Wait... Does Big Jim knows?" We stop to a fresh fruit stand and I roam my eyes around it, smiling brightly in front of all the different colours.