29

"Junhui, calm down

"Junhui, calm down. What do you mean he left? You told me his flight was on Sunday!"

Jun shakes his head as he speed-walks his way home, though she couldn't see the state her son was in, he knew the condition was bad by the sound of his voice. "H-He had to call me through an airport telephone line because he had his phone taken from him."

She removes the phone from her ear, unsure of what to say. Nothing would be able to comfort the boy because it was obvious that the situation was not anywhere near okay. Placing the device back to her ear, she whispers gently, "Jun, I'll be home soon. Don't worry." And though she wasn't Minghao, she hopes her comforting presence can be enough to get him through the day. There, the call ended and Jun continued his journey back home.

Once he arrived, he turns the knob and uses his shoulder to push open the door. Kicking off his shoes, he stumbles his way through the main area to get to the stairs. Fengjun who has returned home from school watched the older brunette run up the stairs with tears streaming down his cheeks. The younger stares at his bowl of assorted fruit, removing himself from his seat he begins to follow his brother quietly. As Jun reached his room, he didn't even bother closing the door. He threw his stuff towards the corner of his room, body slamming onto the bed as he needed to release the emotions that were escaping. Fengjun, who watched from the doorway hesitates to say a word. His fingers curl against the fragile plate that was made of vitrelle. "Jun..gē..." He changes the honorific as he used Mandarin to emphasize his seriousness, "did...did he leave?"

Jun wasn't able to answer, his sobbing overtook his ability to speak and all he could do was nod. He turned over onto his back, arms covering his face as he didn't want his brother to see him in such a state. Jun felt the end of the bed tilt, the weight coming closer and as he slowly removes his arms away from his eyes. He's welcomed with Fengjun's concerned expression, "I brought fruit, I know it's not Minghao but...he wouldn't want you to be sad."

Jun's lips quivered as he tried his best to thank his younger brother, he pushes himself up and gives him a hug as a way to express his gratitude. Taking a green grape from the bowl, he pops it into his mouth and chews firmly. "H—He was lied to, I can't be mad at him..." Jun mumbles his words, "though I've known him for only some time, it's felt like eternity honestly..."

"I hope one day you can reunite." Fengjun wishes shortly, eating with his brother as they spoke. "he forgot his froggie, are you going to try and send it to him?"

Jun was then reminded of the instructions given by Minghao, one of the last sentences he said before departing with the older. His head darts around the room and once he locks eyes with the house-shaped box he scrambles towards it. Opening it up without any hesitation the brunette holds it in his hand tightly. Bending back down to grab the piece of paper that hold the information of the bead, his eyes widen, "Junnie.." As he repeats the bolded letters that were typed out neatly.

"He named it after you?" Fengjun questions, "man, that makes it even more sad."

Jun lets out a sigh, wiping a couple of tears before examining the bear. He puts it in between his armpit to keep it secure. But, with it being squished under his arm, he pressed a button he was unaware about.

"I love you Junhui. Let's stay together, okay?"

"Huh?" Fengjun removes himself from the bed as he was a bit startled by the voice, it definitely wasn't Jun's from what he knew. "did the bear just talk!"

Jun drops the paper and sets his attention back onto the green stuffed plush that stares at him innocently. He searches for the sound box, realizing that it was placed on its left side of its chest. "I love you Junhui. Let's stay together, okay?" The same words repeat - shattering Jun's heart into pieces once again.

Sitting on the edge of his bed, Fengjun makes his way over and pats his brother's head. Jun lets out a defeated sigh as crying had no effect on him, "You spoke too soon, Minghao."