one

Okay this is my first time really trying to write in third person so I'm gonna apologize in advance if it sucks D;

Bailee's up top!! 

1 ↬ "I'M IN"

As Bailee slammed her car door shut, she automatically knew it was a bad idea to come straight home after work. Yeah, being a 21-year old that still lives with their parents doesn't sound too intriguing, but to her,  neither does beginning to start paying her own rent and other adult things of that nature.

Her parents weren't particularly pressuring her to move out, either. Although, there were other things they were always trying to push on Bailee. She hoped that after she got her own job, graduated high school, and helped pay some of the bills, that her parents would get off her back a bit but that just wasn't the case.

They had a strange notion in their minds that she needed someone to take care of her, a boyfriend--a husband, even. The concept was so totally bizarre to Bailee, but not at all to her parents. They were constantly looking for someone to set her up with. Family friends, neighbors, even going as far as attempting to convince some of her close friends to take her on a date (they always assumed her parents were kidding... nope, not even a little).

"Honey! How was work?" Bailee's mom, Zoe, asked just as she walked into the kitchen. She was sitting at the island, looking at her phone.

"Fine. I mean, I don't think being a waitress gets very exciting." Bailee retorted and grabbed an apple out of the bowl resting on the counter top.

"Well, if you would've gone to college, you could be preparing for an actual career and not just serving people at some shit diner." Her mother scoffed, causing Bailee's jaw to drop to the floor.

Sure, Bailee and Zoe would have arguments fairly often, but her mother had never said anything like this with such an edge before. Bailee knew her mom didn't approve of her not going to college after high school, but she never spoke of it so harshly and so completely out of the blue.

Bailee froze, she had no idea how to react. She wasn't good at confrontation in the slightest, so it took her a while to recover before she replied, "Where is this even coming from? I hated school and you knew that! Why would I want to put myself through that again if I knew I didn't want to?" She was confident in the choices she had made in life, knowing it was what was best for her.

"Oh please, Bailee. Every child hates going to school. You're being over dramatic! And I'm just saying, to me, it looks like you aren't doing anything with your life. For Christ's sake Bailee, you hardly leave the house unless you have to. Go out and do something!"

Bailee began raising her voice, which could be heard throughout the large house, "Not true! I always—"

"Whoa, what the hell is going on in here?" Stan, Bailee's father, cut her off as he walked into the kitchen and waved one of his arms to catch their attention.

"Mom's basically telling me I'm going nowhere in life. Which isn't true! She just doesn't approve of my decisions." Bailee defended herself to her dad, causing her mother to shake her head in disapproval.