"As much as I want to say no, I know I can't because I do believe it."

"Really?" Jason was surprised. "I thought you would hate me as much as Aiden." I smiled at him.

"I'm sure you realize that hating someone takes too much of my effort." I replied. "But what I really want to know is why you purposely pissed off Aiden with me?" He arched his eyebrow and chuckled.

"Because I've never seen Aiden look at another woman besides Hailey." I blushed.

"What?"

"I'm sure you know the history between Hailey and Aiden?" He asked and I nodded. "I've always knew Aiden had some feelings for Hailey but he never acted on it because Hailey and I were engaged. Aiden is a smart man and we've became good friends almost instantly so when Hailey and I broke it off, Aiden was furious at me for what I've done."

"But you said you've done it for Hailey, shouldn't he understand?" I asked and he shook his head.

"I'm sure whatever I said back then wouldn't reach his ears. I knew our relationship was ruined and all that's left for me to do was be the bad guy." He explained. "I knew what kind of man Aiden was, he would be conflicted. He lost a friend and the woman he loves has just been abandoned. It'll be easier for him if I gave him someone to blame and hate."

"But that's unfair to you."

"It doesn't matter to me Rose. Aiden hated me and Hailey was happier so I didn't mind being the hated one. But one the first day we've met and coincidentally saw Aiden outside the bathroom, I was surprised how he reacted. I never seen him react like that with other women besides Hailey."

"So did you use me to make Aiden jealous?"

"Yes."

"Why? Did you...like me?" I asked and he laughed.

"Yes Rose I like you and I thought I told you that already. At first I thought of only using you to make Aiden jealous because of his reaction and I continued my role as being the bad guy. But soon I found myself being interested in you, however Aiden seemed to have charmed you first."

"I'm sorry." He laughed he petted my head.

"Why are you sorry for?" He asked. "I think I should be the one hating Aiden, he stole both of my loves from me." My eyes widened and gasped. Both of his loves? Does that mean Hailey...loves Aiden? Is that why he called off the engagement even though she was pregnant with his child?!

"What?" I exclaimed. "Both of your loves?!"

"Oh crap." He rubbed his temples. "Please pretend you never heard that."

"I can't because I heard it loud and clear."

"Rose please." He pledged. "It's complicated and this is the side of the story that Aiden doesn't know and he'll never know."

"But why? It's already in the past."

"Yes it's all in the past so it's not worth mentioning."

"So you'll have Aiden hate you for the rest of your life? You're okay with Aiden losing a friend like yourself?" He nodded.

"He's hated me longer than I've known him. Besides I promised Hailey that it'll be kept a secret."

"But the reason why you called off the wedding was because Hailey was in love with Aiden, yet you're the bad guy?" I didn't know why I was angry...angry at Hailey. But there isn't anything I could do because it was none of my business!

"I don't want to talk about this anymore Rose. I think I've said more than enough already." He stood from his seat and I stood as well.

 "I don't get why you're avoiding this Jason." I asked and he looked down at me.